• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Help my client get repaid by Lighthouse Auctions

108 posts in this topic

As many of you know, I represent a board member, well liked, and well respected (who wishes that he remain anonymous) who loaned TJ Pitts (Lighthouse) a significant amount of money and there is a significant amount still owed to him.

After almost two years, some payments have been made on the debt, and recently, TJ sent me, acting as counsel, a grouping of CGC books. Now, every dollar that is paid in these sales will help pay back the debt, and will also help out TJ (if that is your motivation) as well because it is that much less that will be owed to my client.

I hate to note the obvious, but wasn't Lighthouse running a thread about some massive original owner collection he recently drove down to CGC in person because it was of such "high value"?

I should have thought that your client would be camping on TJ's doorstep when he got back?

The guy has the courage to rip off fellow board memebrs and then show up bragging about his high price holdings, and then slips away...I don't get it.

good thing i held off sending him those 40 tpb in a trade deal. Something was telling me not too even though we had a successful sale earlier. I guess i have spidey sense.

sit tight. It's coming. Have to talk to my client today.

I say the heck with getting the money for greggy. Keep one dollar for every worthless graemlin he has ever posted. headbang.gif

sit tight. It's coming. Have to talk to my client today.

I say the heck with getting the money for greggy. Keep one dollar for every worthless graemlin he has ever posted. headbang.gif

Who said it is Greggy? The client wants to stay anonymous... sumo.gif

Jim

Who said it is Greggy?

Are you referring to this guy?

greggy.gif

Thanks to richnerd for making that.

Holy Carp!!! 893whatthe.gif

Greggy's actually become a Graemlin. I guess you are what you post. confused-smiley-013.gif

We're talking still owed $7k roughly (that's without 2 years worth of interest) original principle was about $9k.

893whatthe.gif He's going to need to do better than those slabs you've listed... foreheadslap.gif

Jim

Oh, I know where he is.

We're talking still owed $7k roughly (that's without 2 years worth of interest) original principle was about $9k.

i would go ahead and compound that interest. monthly, at 7.5 per cent.

confused-smiley-013.gif

the last time 'house showed up, it was a couple hours after i sent him an email to his wife's addy. coincedence? likely.

pm me if you want me to send it to you, although i highly HIGHLY suspect you have it already

Okay, so here's what I'm going to do, I'm going to post a letter that I sent TJ Pitts a ways back in January 2005.

I'll tell you the story post by post, as I remember it. I could go all the way back through PMs as well and try and find all the information... but I'm going to give you the details as I see them...

Here's when I first got involved:

January 17, 2005

Mr. T.J. Pitts

San Antonio, Texas

RE: FAILED LOAN REPAYMENT

Dear Mr. Pitts:

I write to you in an attempt to collect a debt on behalf of my client (X) to whom you owe $8,800.00 stemming from a personal loan and business investment that is over one year old and far exceeds the terms of the original payment proposal and subsequent amended payment proposals.

After numerous failed attempts to contact you in the last two weeks via phone, my client believes that you do not, nor ever did, have any intention of paying this money back. As such, it is my client’s intention to now seek legal redress and to pursue criminal charges against you.

For your reference, this action stems from the following sequence of events:

On December 31, 2003, you borrowed $3,000 from Mr. (X) with a promise to repay on or before May 1, 2004.

On May 3, 2004 a new agreement was made, and Mr. (X) loaned you an additional $5,000 with a promise to repay on or before August 15, 2004. At that time, the total amount due was $8,937.22. Although you remitted a cashier’s check some time in May to Mr. (X) in the sum of $3,250 that money was promptly returned and reinvested in your business at your request.

At or around August 15, 2004, you informed my client that you could not make payment on the scheduled date and stated that you would pay back the loan in person for the total of $8.937.22 at the Baltimore Comic Book Convention, which you would be attending as a vendor. My client graciously agreed to this arrangement.

On September 3, 2004 you wrote to my client to inform him that you would not be in attendance at the Baltimore Comic Book Convention on September 12, 2004 for personal reasons and asked for another extension of repayment. Again, my client graciously agreed to extend repayment without interest to November 7, 2004.

On November 7, 2004, again Mr. (X) received no payment.

Throughout the months of October and November, Mr. (X) attempted to make contact with you via telephone and email to no avail.

Finally, in mid December 2004, my client made contact with you via telephone and a new payment arrangement was struck. As per the terms of that arrangement, you were to repay $200.00 by December 15, 2004 and a promise was made of $1,300 more on December 31, 2004.

Mr. (X) acknowledges receipt of payment of $200.00 on December 15, 2004, but no payment in any amount was received on December 31, 2004. Since December 31, 2004, there has been absolutely no contact made.

My client only wishes to receive the money he originally loaned you returned to him. However, after five months and numerous failed attempts, my client’s willing attempts to resolve this matter amicably have failed. You have repeatedly, intentionally and willfully failed to repay the money that you owe Mr. (X).

This is my client’s last attempt to resolve this situation amicably. As such, if you can repay the money in full within thirty (30) days of the date of this letter we will not pursue criminal action.

Based on the fact that you have refused communication, failed to repay the loans and have exhibited a consistent repeated pattern of behavior by stealing money from not simply my client but others, criminal charges are clearly appropriate.

My client is prepared to file a formal complaint with the Bexar County Sheriff’s Office, Texas and the San Antonio Police Department. Additionally, the prosecutor’s office of Bexar County and the state Attorney General’s office have been preliminarily appraised of the situation. We will ask that you be charged under Texas Penal Code § 31.03 Texas’s Theft Statute. More specifically, we would ask that you be charged under Texas Penal Code § 31.03 (a), Theft by Deception. My client has diligently documented and kept records of this entire transaction, and his testimony plus the evidence we have assembled is more than sufficient for an arrest and conviction.

If you cannot repay the entire amount within thirty (30) days of the date of this letter, we will consider an alternative arrangement. This will mean a substantial payment up front. However, Mr. (X) has asked that I handle all further negotiations and any attempts to call or contact him directly will only result in referrals to me.

Payment in full may be mailed by cashier’s check, U.S. Postal Money Order or certified bank check to:

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

New York, NY

We continue to hope that you repay what is owed to Mr. (X) in full, and to avoid any unnecessary legal action by reaching an amiable resolution.

Very Truly Yours,

Brian Ketterer

Provost Umphrey Law Firm, LLP

Next letter I sent:

March 10, 2005

Mr. T.J. Pitts

San Antonio, Texas

RE: FAILED LOAN REPAYMENT

Dear Mr. Pitts:

I am sending you a final attempt to collect payment in hopes that I will receive some response from you regarding the still outstanding debt you owe to Mr. (X) in excess of $9,000 before Mr. (X) files criminal charges.

On January 28, 2005, you were mailed a letter demanding repayment and laying out the chronology and history of your failure to repay. On February 8, 2005, that same letter was resent to you. On both occasions the postal service left notice of the letter, and you failed to pick it up. Delivery was attempted on three occasions. Finally, on February 21, 2005, I sent an email to your wife, Laverne Pitts, attached with a copy of the original letter I sent you, and she acknowledged receipt on February 25, 2005. She wrote that she would pass the information and the letter on to you.

As of today, March 10, 2005, I have received no contact from you. My client has received no money. I have learned that you have made efforts to pay many other people back except Mr. (X). This indicates your willful and intentional theft of Mr. (X)’s money.

This is unacceptable. Running away from this debt is not going to make this problem disappear.

Again, I ask you to make contact with me on my cell phone or at my office. This will be the last time I ask. There will no further letters, no further requests to remit payment. Mr. (X) will simply file criminal charges if no communication is received by April 1, 2005.

Payment in full in the amount of $9,000.00 may be mailed by cashier’s check, U.S. Postal Money Order or certified bank check to:

Mr. (X)

New York, NY

We continue to hope that you repay what is owed to Mr. (X) in full, and to avoid any unnecessary legal action by reaching an amiable resolution.

Very Truly Yours,

Brian Ketterer, Esq.

Provost Umphrey Law Firm, LLP

1617 JFK Boulevard, Suite 640

Philadelphia PA 19103