• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Greatest ever comic

75 posts in this topic

Hard to pick just one......

100 Bullets: Best Series Ever

V for Vendetta: Favorite Single Story ever

Gman - great call on a single "best issue" ever. A classic!

My favorite single issue ever would be, FF#57(part nostalgia factor for me, part great Lee/Kirby at their best!)

Chris

Amazing Fantasy 15. The main reason the Spider-Man movie was a hit is because the origin and character of Spidey himself was so cool, and the basics of all that are right there in Amazing Fantasy 15.

X-men #95 (1970's) the death of thunderbird.

Sure the villain is pretty cheesy but the death of T-bird was done in such a dramatic fashion and they actually left him dead (as far as I know) without resurrection. Of course later on his "brother" joined the new mutants and looked like his twin ;p.

This was also the first X-men comic I ever collected. I read this one over and over again.

Sure the villain is pretty cheesy but the death of T-bird was done in such a dramatic fashion and they actually left him dead (as far as I know) without resurrection. Of course later on his "brother" joined the new mutants and looked like his twin ;p.

The undramatic, real-world reason for his death is what I always remember--his power was almost no different from Colossus's, so they chose to keep Colossus and wack Thunderbird.

Spider-Man Annual 1 if I had to pick a single issue. i am not the biggest Spidey fan - Hulk, Thor and FF rank higher with me - but the cover is awesome and Spidey has some of the greatest and creepiest villians. The story is fairly lame with all the bad guys jumping Spidey one by one but the art is Ditko at his best and I think it has like 6 pin up pages! The story is something like 50 pages of new material also. But that cover has always been a fave and Romita did a good re-do for the Marvel Treasury Edition.

Best DC:

Detect 443 100 pager. Walt Simonson's Manhunter in Gotterdamerrung.

Best Marvel:

Steranko's pin up cover & interior art on Capt Amer 111.

Best Marvel cloud9.gifsquarebound:

Marv Tales Ann 1 contains 7 origins: ASM, Hulk, Ant-man, Giant Man, Thor, Sgt Fury, Iron Man.

Best DC:

Detect 443 100 pager. Walt Simonson's Manhunter in Gotterdamerrung.

Best Marvel:

Steranko's pin up cover & interior art on Capt Amer 111.

Best Marvel cloud9.gifsquarebound:

Marv Tales Ann 1 contains 7 origins: ASM, Hulk, Ant-man, Giant Man, Thor, Sgt Fury, Iron Man.

Best DC: Superman Annual 11. READ THIS BOOK

Best Silver Age Marvel: Fantastic Four 39-40

Best Bronze Age Marvel: Amazing 144-151

Logically, I don't have a favorite comic. The comics themselves should hold no interest. I have a CGC slab that is absolutely Gem quality. I have no idea what book was housed in it, nor do I care. The condition of the plastic, the clarity, color, absence of any visible inclusions, and reflective quality of the material for this particular slab must be seen to be believed. If not a 10.0 CGC holder, then VERY close to perfection. That is my most prized comic collectible and I wouldn't part with it for all the Action 1s in the world! I also have a CGC label that is stunning. The coloration is unique, a royal, azure blue with a slight greenish "whisper". Like looking at a beautiful Carribean surf with the sky reflecting off the surface of the water. Definitely a fluke color that I haven't seen equaled. I think the label is from a CGC 4.0 unrestored Green Lantern (Golden age) # 4 or 5, the exact number escapes me at the moment because of it's relative unimportance. That also is NFS!

Logically, I don't have a favorite comic. The comics themselves should hold no interest. I have a CGC slab that is absolutely Gem quality. I have no idea what book was housed in it, nor do I care. The condition of the plastic, the clarity, color, absence of any visible inclusions, and reflective quality of the material for this particular slab must be seen to be believed. If not a 10.0 CGC holder, then VERY close to perfection. That is my most prized comic collectible and I wouldn't part with it for all the Action 1s in the world! I also have a CGC label that is stunning. The coloration is unique, a royal, azure blue with a slight greenish "whisper". Like looking at a beautiful Carribean surf with the sky reflecting off the surface of the water. Definitely a fluke color that I haven't seen equaled. I think the label is from a CGC 4.0 unrestored Green Lantern (Golden age) # 4 or 5, the exact number escapes me at the moment because of it's relative unimportance. That also is NFS!

893blahblah.gif

Imitation is the greatest form of flattery! Than-Kew! Your kind gesture mollifies the frustration of knowing that for decades there were millions of books changing hands that were NOT slabbed, the thought of which infuriates me. All of those unpaid royalties, all of those fraudulent sales on back issues and new issues that took place on RAW books that were NOT CGCed. It's enough to drive one to drink! There should be strict laws written to prohibit the sale of unslabbed books and it should be "grandfathered" back to at least 1938. Billions of unpaid royalties should be recovered and all books should be returned to their original source for remittance + interest on past sold non-CGCed items.