• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

About Modern "Drek"

41 posts in this topic

That is a ridiculous statement by Loeb. If Marvel made more stories people actually LIKED, think of the sales they would make. Instead, they end up looking like the dog chasing its tail. sumo.gif

Marvel Zombies, Ultimates, and Daredevil are a good examples of series done right (quality and sales). Unfortunately, they are few and far between from the 'House of Ideas' lately. What really cracks me up is some of you "fans" sit here and make apologies for them, and say "The story was ok, it wasn't as bad as you make it out to be." Are you frikkin kidding me? Why pay $3 or more for an "ok" story??? There is so many other books out that are superior to the average Marvel drek, but you keep on buying - hoping for lightning to strike I guess.

I really like Loeb, but it is statements like this that make me wonder. I guess Bendis and JMS are already rubbing off on him... insane.gif

Are you frikkin kidding me? Why pay $3 or more for an "ok" story???

Well, I don't know about everyone else, but my answer is this:

1. I don't buy comics for only the stories. There's some pretty good art in comics as well. So if the art is great, then I'll gladly pay $3 for an "ok" story.

2. I am guilty of being a "fanboy." I'm loyal to Spider-Man. I'm loyal to the 2nd X-Men series (one that hasn't seen the greatest days lately, but I still read).

3. I like change; even if it isn't permanent. I liked Avengers Disassembled. I liked House of M (the main miniseries at least, the other books were unnecessary). I'm pretty sure I'll enjoy Civil War.

That's all I have to offer to that question. confused-smiley-013.gif

Don't take this guy's bait. He is just another loser shill looking to stir up controversy. Ignore him.

Yep, Knobgobbler definitely went too far there and outed himself. 27_laughing.gif

Says the One-Trick pony.

I'm not for once, gonna give a [embarrassing lack of self control] about this "Civil War" because as I hear it, it'll be within many titles, and like hell am I going to do this, because aswell, they don't even catch my attention. (Avengers, Original FF, etc)

Now unless it came out on it's own in a mini series, then the "Civil War" I will not be part of.

And besides, the weeklies I buy already is enough to make me go broke.

I just got my monthly money, and just today it went on WEEKLYS, no more money for next week.

So back to the begging money off mom idea.

Don't take this guy's bait. He is just another loser shill looking to stir up controversy. Ignore him.

Yep, Knobgobbler definitely went too far there and outed himself. 27_laughing.gif

Says the One-Trick pony.

When it comes to Modern Crepe like the "New Akpha Flight", one trick is all it deserves. foreheadslap.gif

Seriously, you'd have to be a person_having_a_hard_time_understanding_my_point to buy this book.

Now unless it came out on it's own in a mini series, then the "Civil War" I will not be part of.

There is going to be a 7-issue "Civil War" miniseries. This event is no different than Infinite Crisis, in terms of how it is presented in minis and ongoing title tie-ins.

There is going to be a 7-issue "Civil War" miniseries. This event is no different than Infinite Crisis, in terms of how it is presented in minis and ongoing title tie-ins.

I hate that part, they have to have a miniseires, but have it tie into a million other titles, kinda like "Disasembled" (I think it is) during the Spectacular SPidey, and other crossover runs.

Eh, i'll see if it's worth getting, chances are i'll get it anyway.

Well, I don't know about everyone else, but my answer is this:

1. I don't buy comics for only the stories. There's some pretty good art in comics as well. So if the art is great, then I'll gladly pay $3 for an "ok" story.

2. I am guilty of being a "fanboy." I'm loyal to Spider-Man. I'm loyal to the 2nd X-Men series (one that hasn't seen the greatest days lately, but I still read).

3. I like change; even if it isn't permanent. I liked Avengers Disassembled. I liked House of M (the main miniseries at least, the other books were unnecessary). I'm pretty sure I'll enjoy Civil War.

That's all I have to offer to that question. confused-smiley-013.gif

1. Fair enough, but IMO Marvel is lacking in this department too. I guess I have grown out of "look at the pretty pictures". 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

2. And Marvel thanks you, as they rely on your type more and more each day. insane.gif

3. The 2 you list are critically panned, and Civil War's premise looks just as lame. Who would bother to buy this drek? Oh yeah, refer to #1 and #2 makepoint.gif

Whatever dude. I really think you are on the wrong boards, all things considered. There certainly are more fanboi-oriented websites than this one, where you can drool over variants and dream of coddling Bendis' bald dome with all the other Joey Q suck-ups. Anyone want to help Hobby out with a link?

1. Fair enough, but IMO Marvel is lacking in this department too. I guess I have grown out of "look at the pretty pictures". 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

That's your opinion. To each his own.

2. And Marvel thanks you, as they rely on your type more and more each day. insane.gif\

Then the bastards should pay me royalties!

3. The 2 you list are critically panned,

One of the reason's why I enjoyed them so much. confused-smiley-013.gif

and Civil War's premise looks just as lame. Who would bother to buy this drek? Oh yeah, refer to #1 and #2 makepoint.gif

Again: To each his own.

Whatever dude. I really think you are on the wrong boards, all things considered.

The Collector's Society isn't for collector's? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I'm a loyal fan to most of the spider-man titles. (Yes most. I don't collect out of pure fanboyism)

So am I doomed?

I don't "collect" out of pure fanboy-ism either. I like Spider-Man, and I like to read. Therefore, I like to read Spider-Man. confused-smiley-013.gif

Lame responses, Hobby. If you really can't defend your opinions better than "I like it and that's all that matters", then there really is no point in discussing this further. Not exactly captain of the debate team, are ya? 27_laughing.gif

Speakin of which. You must of picked up Spider-Girl aswell today yes?

So did I, haven't read, if you did, what did you think of it?

(Yes I admit, I am gonna collect her ending days for when she reaches #100)

Isn't like I don't have any of her series anyway.

#1, #2, #75, and some of the Venom arc from the 80's.

Actually, I didn't get it. I initially planned to, but just decided I didn't need it.

Lame responses, Hobby. If you really can't defend your opinions better than "I like it and that's all that matters", then there really is no point in discussing this further. Not exactly captain of the debate team, are ya? 27_laughing.gif

Obviously you're not either. sleeping.gif

You asked why people would buy it; I said "because I like it." When dealing with a hobby like comics, what other answer is there? You read it (key word being "read"), then you decide whether you enjoyed it or not. I'm 110% certain I'm not the only one.

Don't you need to be practicing your slap-shot with Joe_Canadian?

Actually, I didn't get it. I initially planned to, but just decided I didn't need it.

893scratchchin-thumb.gifm ok. Cover is awsome though.

893scratchchin-thumb.gifm ok. Cover is awsome though.

Indeed thumbsup2.gif

not trying to butt into something that apparently goes to a much more personal level than i'm aware of....

but what other reason is there to read a comic than because you like it?

not flamin ya....it just seems like a strange stance...you need a better reason than 'i like it' to read a comic book.

not trying to butt into something that apparently goes to a much more personal level than i'm aware of....

but what other reason is there to read a comic than because you like it?

not flamin ya....it just seems like a strange stance...you need a better reason than 'i like it' to read a comic book.

thumbsup2.gif