• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Greatest comic in YOUR collection

182 posts in this topic

Here's my Tower of Shadows 1 CGC 9.8 with White Pages!

Offered odin88 a few bucks when he was greedy and "stole" the book from him! cool.gif

TOS1.JPG

that can't be your greatest comic in your collection? 893naughty-thumb.gif893frustrated.gifmakepoint.gif

Yep...but I haven't shown that book yet.

My greatest books are DCs that have not been slabbed yet! cloud9.gif

Ranger Comics #38 8.0 Bethlehem (highest in census)

Stunning Matt Baker bondage cover with that BEAUTIFUL subscription date signifying Bethlehem pedigree. Droooool.

Not my most expensive.

Not my most important.

But right now its' the sizzle in my sausage.

acclaim.gifacclaim.gifacclaim.gifacclaim.gifacclaim.gifacclaim.gifacclaim.gifacclaim.gifacclaim.gifacclaim.gifacclaim.gifacclaim.gif

Worlds Fair 1940 in VG/F, great cover - the first cover with Superman, Batman and Robin on it.

Tomega

WOWZERS!!!! That is one very special comic, all right. Holy Treasure, Batman!

-- Joanna

Well, my entry doesn't measure up to some of the responses here. Nor is it the most expensive in my collection. But my favorite, greatest, and most cherished comic in my collection is Fantastic Four Ann #6 in NM (got two copies actually). Reed, Ben and Johnny go into the Negative Zone, meet Annilus(?) for the first time and fight all kinds of strange creatures all so they can save the life of Sue and the unborn Franklin. A great Lee/Kirby collaboration told in 64 pages. Comics don't get much better that that!

Jim

not my most valuable, but my ASM 40 9.2 white pages...I bought it ungraded on Yahoo and was so worried about it - I was spending $150 and for me at the time, was alot for a comic....then it came back 9.2 , so I made out...

Rudolph The Red-Nosed Reindeer Annual 62/63 in about VF/NM...

I've seen three copies of this book, and have owned two. I parted with my VG for a multiple of NM guide and frankly wish I had it back... The week after I sold it I had an offer from another dealer of $1500 for my VF/NM copy... It's definitely not worth that, at least I don't think so... but I told him no, anyway...

I'd put a scan up, but it's still in storage in another state, because I grabbed the wrong box when I was loading the truck... frown.gif

I'm fairly certain you showed us a scan in an old thread. It was very impressive. The rarity, the red nose -- it made an impression on me. And at least you still have your primo copy, 'House.

I thought this would be an intresting topic

What is your favourite comic in your collection?

Only one

Maybe tell a short story of how you got it and maybe even a picture

The following is my "greatest"....mainly because you just don't see that many of these and I love the cover (the back cover ain't too shabby either)....

mystic4.jpg