• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Greatest comic in YOUR collection

182 posts in this topic

Ranger Comics #38 8.0 Bethlehem (highest in census)

Stunning Matt Baker bondage cover

Where is the picture?? 893frustrated.gif

I work in Hong Kong and all my books are in Australia.

I've got an Amazing Spidey #1 in VG; Journey Into Mystery #83 F+; X-Men #1 in Fine — but they aren't my favorites. I love my Superman #199 (NM), House of Secrets #92 and I think JLA #31 has a beautiful cover. I get chills when I look my Nick Fury #3 (a great Steranko book), Fantastic Four #27 or TOS #49... but, by far, the favorite book in my collection has to be Brave & Bold #31 in CGC 9.0. This is the first appearance of Cave Carson (who?) and it has taken me over ten years to fine this high grade copy. I saw an article in CBM (can't remember which issue) several years ago and it had photos of all the Cave Carson books (B&B and Showcase). I decided to try and acquire them all in NM. No easy task, as I found out. Ten years later, I finally got the last of the books... Brave & Bold #31. It's not NM, but check out the CGC census on it. It's one hard book to find in high grade.

love B&B #54......mine is only an 8.5 but still a great book. SS #4 is a great cover. Although I like #3 and #16 as well.

SS #3, 1st appearance of Mephisto, is a great book! Gman, you got any other B&B's or Showcases in high grade? sumo.gif

I just put up a nice Batman/Teen Titans B&B 83, and it looked real nice to me. Fantastic Neal Adams pencils in the story.

B&B 63

I've got a 91 to put up, too. Black cover and yet looks great.

This beauty was courtesy of Mr.Ernest Gerber. grin.gif

If that book wasn't so well centered, I'll call it a POS copy.

But...dammit...I can't! 893frustrated.gif

My restored FF #1, in (apparent) VF, natch. And I know you all heard it before, got for 0 cash. Traded in a bunch of old comics I bought at one time for the sole purpose of using it to purpose a comic like this.

My restored FF #1, in (apparent) VF, natch. And I know you all heard it before, got for 0 cash. Traded in a bunch of old comics I bought at one time for the sole purpose of using it to purpose a comic like this.

what did you trade for it? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

For the most part, Vg - Fine runs of Silver Age Brave & Bold, Action, Adventure, House of Mystery, some old Charletons, House of Secrets, and some duplicates I had of Gold Key Star Treks. Book value was double the value of the FF 1 (which I've seen sell for VG guide on e-bay in that condition), but I asked the guys on these posts if I should do it and most felt that I probably got for these comics what I would have got on e-bay, without the head-ache.

And...they were right by what I can see. Just a little sad to see the Brave & Bold go, but hey, I can always buy them back on e-bay one day. grin.gif

Aren't you a guy? What are you doing collecting WONDER WOMAN?

Maybe visions of Linda Carter in bondage kept you up at nights when you were a teenager? stooges.gif

OH! I get it! Guys are supposed to collect comics showing other guys in tight spandex-like clothes! tongue.gif

We should ignore comics showing women in similar garb! (yeah, I HATE Phantom Lady! I eat "one and a half pounds of food" Hungry Man Dinners! yeah!) grin.gif