• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

what's the grade?

29 posts in this topic

What a classic! Seeing as there are no fewer than 5 spine stresses visible in the scan on the lower half of the spine, I'm thinking 8.5 due to the spine wear alone, any "unseen" defects knock it down as appro.

Since you mentioned it, here's a conversation piece - Incredible Hulk 122 CGC 9.6 NM+ White Pages, Best Known copy! shocked.gif Unfortunately, it's off-centered and has fallen victim to distributor's ink overspray frown.gif

Sheesh, and theres a date stamp on it too. confused.gif

Anyway on superpimps scan I would venture a guess at 8.0 because of the spine stress and what looks like a wrinkle on the bottom window. smile.gif

I don't consider myself 'world's finest collector' by any means. We're just having a little fun here and I think CGC places the largest grading percentage on the cover as opposed to the interior when they grade anyway.

Man you guys are funny. So you are the worlds finest collectors and you can judge it just by the cover. I must say now I am reaaally happy that CGC is out there to look thru the comic completely before giving it a 9.2 by the cover (looks more like 9.0, but I am a newbie..)

I've read through the whole thread and I'm still not sure what your point was with this comment. confused.gifconfused.gifconfused.gif

I'm also curious as to what sort of newbie you are? To grading comics? To comics in general? If so, let us comic nuts have a little fun please? If not, and just a newbie to the boards- let us comic nuts have a little fun please? Between us we've probably graded hundreds of thousands of books in the real world- i think most of us know that grading a book with only a scan of the front cover is an inexact science without you pointing it out. Although if it makes you feel "better" or "smarter" to point out the obvious, go right ahead. I won't stop you grin.gif