• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

what's the grade part 2, this one has been slabbed

40 posts in this topic

Dinging 3/4 way to the top right edge. Slight rounding of the top right corner. Two obvious dings and one or two very slight dings on the right edge just below where the boxed text "of Menaces" is. Three very slight dings on right edge just above the forehead of the Black Canary. Slight off-angle to the lower right corner. Just a bit above the right lower corner are more slight edge dings. Intriguing white edge on the lower left corner. It appears the cover paper makes a good 90 degree angle. Either there is some ink rubbed off or that small white area is a printing defect or it is the way it should have been printed - impossible to tell from the scan (am magnifying it). Spine looks really nice and if that is an indicator the staples are very solid and tight.

Overall, while I list a lot of defects, it appears to be a sweet book. I would estimate an 8.5-9.0 though???? Think it should be a 9.2 at the least.

my apologies araich, but the first correct guess does not win this book. this is one of my all time fave silver age DC covers....just extraordinary, the colours, the action....later ripped off by cockrum for x-men 94's cover! shocked.gif oops! blush.gif im sure that comment raised a few eyebrows! tongue.gif

"later ripped off by cockrum for x-men 94's cover! "

In conversations with Dave he's often stated (both privately and publicly) that much of his early X-Men ideas were influenced by Silver Age DC creators and characters. Just look at the first X-Men encounter with the Starjammers (107). There are too many DC rip-offs in that book to count!