• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please help me grade this Pep Comics #17 - First Hangman

What grade is this Pep 17? Pages are almost white !  

81 members have voted

1. 1. What grade is this Pep 17? Pages are almost white !

11 posts in this topic

There's something funky going on near the P in PEP. Is it a color touch?

If not, might get a Fine -. Long crease right hand side but doesn't break color. Tear on right hand side should keep it below FN+.

A lot of people here will tell you that the sub crease alone keeps it from going over 4.0. On the other hand the OS Grading Guide has a pic of a book with a sub crease graded 6.0. Start adding in all the other problems and even starting at 6.0 with the crease I don't see this book being over 4.5. If you start at 4.0 based on the crease then you're SOL.

Looks like alot of people so far think it's a VG/FN, and 2nd place is Fine - 5.5. They person I'm negotiating this with calls it a VG+...just trying to figure out if I want to be $800 poorer (his price)...

Started off offering $675, he said he was FIRM on $800, so of course I replied back with straight guide ($738 + $12) shipping/insurance for $750.

If he takes $750 I'll buy it. If he still insists on $800, he can keep it. I have to get some sort of deal somehow, you know?

That's OK! I'll take it! Deep colors, nice white pages, and unrestored Gold KEY MLJ. Intro & First Appearance of the Hangman, First death of a Superhero in comics (The Comet)...

Missing Pep 12,16,22 to have Pep 1-85....