• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Yippie.. :)

13 posts in this topic

I have got a 9.8 CGC comic for just 9.99, hooray. I dont mind that it is Batman: Gotham by Gaslight which practically nobody cares about - all that counts is that it is CGC that is 9.8 and that it is mine! smile.gif

Hopefully I get that Aphrodite CGC 9.8 for 9.99 too and it is even limited to 999 copies. I will be telling my grandkids of that one day! (please dont catch it away from me now that I told you about it, I want it soooo much - but not for more than 9.99!

If the artist for Thongor in the 70s was Val Mayerik, there is a complete story of orig comic bk artwork coming up for sale at the monthly Amaz Heritage auction 02Nov03. I'm amazed whenever any complete bks or stories of orig art laugh.gif come up for sale still intact.

You slicing on me greggy? grin.gif

I've actually tried to simplify my collecting of late, and am now concentrating solely on Marvels from 1971-76 in VF or higher condition, with more emphasis being placed on 72-73.

I picked up some CotL issues awhile back and am just trying to fill in the gaps. I just hope that #22 I just bought looks as good as the scans.

Actually, I have all of the 20 cent issues but I am unsure about the 25 centers. I collect Monster reprint books and stayed on the title when its focus changed with number 16! smile.gif

On that note, I may just unleash my long boxes of "Marvel Mid-Grade" Silver books on EBay, since I literally get no pleasure from them anymore. I think I realized this when a NM+ copy of Thongor was a more important buy than a Silver Age mid-Key.

I'm a poor man's Nic Cage, trying to simplify my collecting.

Batman: Gotham by Gaslight which practically nobody cares about - all that counts is that it is CGC that is 9.8 and that it is mine!

I cared smile.gif Mike Mignola is the man and that's exactly the kind of moody setting he excels at.