• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Wouldn't it be Cool if all these Superhero movies had "Cross-overs"??
2 2

51 posts in this topic

YES! I noticed that! Didn't DarkHorse have an Aliens vs. Predator comic?? I sorta' remember a cover.Anyway, I love that!... tying them into the same universe... that movie would be cool, but the "Aliens" better have more than they've show thus far or their history
Bruce, how about this for an Aliens vs. Predator one-sheet movie poster or possible cover for a movie adaptation:

Image Hosting by auctionwatch.com

Click image to view larger version

Low cost image hosting and full service auction management solutions: AuctionWatch

If it's not clear, the Alien is "wagging it's tail" to catch the eye of the Predator, and then while its distracted, the Alien leaps out of the swamp water to reveal itself to its foe... I drew that picture over 12 years ago when I was still in high school. Not bad considering I was 15 at the time, eh?

Not bad at all!!!... exemplary actually for 15 years of age... without a doubt.

Are you still an artist? I'm a Graphic Designer/Desktop Publisher. I've owned my own business for the last 10 years working out of my house. I used to illustrate a good deal as well... but the damn computer got me away from hand illustration.

Bru

No, I'm not an artist. Well, at least not for a living. I still doodle though, and I love drawing Batman. I sometimes wonder/dream about what it would have been like if I had pursued a career as a comic book artist. Man, talk about a dream come true. However, I would have had a tough time justifying to my parents and myself that I was going to pursue a career in "funny books" rather than going to university to pursue a more "conventional" career. If I did try to become an artist, I think my parents may have disowned me! grin.gif

Sorry to hear that.... I was lucky, my parents encouraged me to be what I wanted, but have a back up talent in case the "art thing" did not pan out. It did, and a good thing because I don't think I have any other talents I could be paid for. smirk.gif

I wanted to be a comic artist as well... I feel my finished work was more than competitive at one point BUT I was toooooo slow to make a living at it. Each panel was a very time consuming labor of love and I was too much of a perfectionist. Not saying that my work was THAT Great, just that each drawing was a major undertaking for me. A professional can crank out a few pages a day... not me, even on 10 cups of coffee... Oh well, I was a better inker (or "tracer" as stated in Chasing Amy) and conceptual person than a penciler anyway.

I actually did a cover a long time ago for something called "Cheap Shoddy Robot Toys" but I never heard what happened, or even if it was ever published? I have 3 friends that actually made it on a smaller scale. Sky Owens, Ernest Edwards (self published) and Neil King (Elvis Must Die!! self published)

I don't know what happened... A good friend at the time... Sky Owens, penciled it and had me ink it (for issue #1 I believe). I was particularly good at embellishing metallics (being a Bob Layton fan). I thought it looked great. It's been almost, or over 20 years now and I never heard from him again or if it was even used??? who knows? My brief 15 minutes of "Warholian" comic fame ended before it got started.confused.gif

This post was just shown to me on these new boards when looking at my account. It's been almost 15 years since my first post (this one). Looks like the crossover thing ended up happening (Spidey in Captain America) and upcoming too (Hulk in Thor, Spidey in Avengers, etc.)

:headbang:

1 minute ago, Murphman13 said:

Once Nick Fury appeared at the end of Iron Man and mentioned the Avengers it all began. What a ride it has been since then.

Good point... you're not Murph from the old boards are you? I'm not on much anymore to know if you changed your handle. lol

Wouldn't it be cool if we didn't just have two corporations in control of everything and got some other superhero movies based on comics? This Marvel and DC stuff from now until the end of time is getting old. Almost everything in this world now is controlled by one or two companies or groups and that's all that gets made and people have to pick from and all that's shoved down everyone's face.

1 hour ago, catman76 said:

Wouldn't it be cool if we didn't just have two corporations in control of everything and got some other superhero movies based on comics? This Marvel and DC stuff from now until the end of time is getting old. Almost everything in this world now is controlled by one or two companies or groups and that's all that gets made and people have to pick from and all that's shoved down everyone's face.

I feel you. That sentiment works for more than comics.

To your point, I think... Kick-, Walking Dead and Outcast qualify. I'm guessing I've missed some others past and present