• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Surprised this wasn't already mentioned.... Romitaman.com

18 posts in this topic

Ya I saw that Bolland Dredd Cover, it's real nice. Not sure about for 4K though,not sure what the going rate is on dredd covers though.

Bolland's work brings big $$$ and his Dredd covers don't come up too often. I think the price is resonable.

Ya I saw that Bolland Dredd Cover, it's real nice. Not sure about for 4K though,not sure what the going rate is on dredd covers though.

Bolland's work brings big $$$ and his Dredd covers don't come up too often. I think the price is resonable.

Actually that cover ended RNM on ebay two months ago. The final bid was $1825, so yeah, he's out of his gord.

To be fair, a Bolland Dredd cover HAS passed $4k, but it was much nicer.

Actually that cover ended RNM on ebay two months ago. The final bid was $1825, so yeah, he's out of his gord.

Interesting, I didn't see the eBay auction. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I have seen a couple of other Bolland Dredd's go for 3K plus, and that is what I based my original assessment on.

I owned that cover about 2 years ago and I paid $2250 for it then. I traded it at $3k value, and that person listed it on EBay after about year. So I don't know how much weight you can put on a single weeks Ebay auction in this case. If the reserve was met maybe, but not this.

Many Bolland Dredd covers have sold above $4k. I lost out on a great one last week at $4500, and there are at least 6 more that would be $6K or more. In fact there is one dealer who probably has the best Bolland Dredd cover, he is asking above $15k for it, and is only $3k or so above what at least 2 people would pay for it (me included).

There is a difference between 2000AD dredd covers and all the rest. You'd be hard pressed to find a 2000AD cover with a half decent image of Dredd for under $4k.

When you talk Bolland Dredd you have to talk era and title. It makes an enormous difference.

Chris

I owned that cover about 2 years ago and I paid $2250 for it then. I traded it at $3k value, and that person listed it on EBay after about year. So I don't know how much weight you can put on a single weeks Ebay auction in this case. If the reserve was met maybe, but not this.

Many Bolland Dredd covers have sold above $4k. I lost out on a great one last week at $4500, and there are at least 6 more that would be $6K or more. In fact there is one dealer who probably has the best Bolland Dredd cover, he is asking above $15k for it, and is only $3k or so above what at least 2 people would pay for it (me included).

There is a difference between 2000AD dredd covers and all the rest. You'd be hard pressed to find a 2000AD cover with a half decent image of Dredd for under $4k.

When you talk Bolland Dredd you have to talk era and title. It makes an enormous difference.

Chris

Thanks for your market evaluation. Personally, I like Burkey's cover better than the one that sold on Heritage for $4K+ last year. What would you consider the best Bolland Dredd cover and which dealer has it? I'd love to see it. Thanks!

Felix

What would you consider the best Bolland Dredd cover and which dealer has it? I'd love to see it. Thanks!

Felix

Well...I am still trying to get it so I can't talk about it in specifics. Posting that kind of information on a board has cost me alot of pieces. Not that you would do that Felix, but I know about a dozen guys that would.

I will say, it's not Albert's.

Best,

Chris

No problem, Chris. I didn't realize the cover was still in play. I had heard that an excellent Bolland Dredd cover sold for $15K recently and was wondering if you were talking about the same piece. Maybe we're not thinking of the same piece, or maybe I got faulty info (i.e. the cover hasn't really sold). In any case, best of luck to you!

Felix

No problem, Chris. I didn't realize the cover was still in play. I had heard that an excellent Bolland Dredd cover sold for $15K recently and was wondering if you were talking about the same piece. Maybe we're not thinking of the same piece, or maybe I got faulty info (i.e. the cover hasn't really sold). In any case, best of luck to you!

Knowing my luck....it's probably the same cover...and I have been beaten to the punch once again.. makepoint.gif

Chris

In fact there is one dealer who probably has the best Bolland Dredd cover, he is asking above $15k for it, and is only $3k or so above what at least 2 people would pay for it (me included).

I thought he told me recently that he had sold it at that.

What would you consider the best Bolland Dredd cover and which dealer has it? I'd love to see it. Thanks!

Felix

Well...I am still trying to get it so I can't talk about it in specifics. Posting that kind of information on a board has cost me alot of pieces. Not that you would do that Felix, but I know about a dozen guys that would.

I will say, it's not Albert's.

Best,

Chris

I think I know...... devil.gif