• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

In case you guys missed it . . . Thor #249 Mint 10.0 on eBay ;-)

84 posts in this topic

Bid placed. Is this a guaranteed 10.0 poke2.gif

know docpjw is a board member, is orionmystery? Anyone?

Read you own thread. makepoint.gif

Just because someone says . . . "bid placed" here . . . ain't necessarily so . . . wink.gif but uh, thanks. hi.gif

poke2.gif

Has anyone noticed the amount of people cr@pping all over people trying to sell here and on eBay recently. I mean refuting grades!? If people don't like it, don't bid. Let the guy conduct his business, he's a boardmember after all(not someone selling Mint comics wrapped in paper bags --extend him a little courtesy. sign-rantpost.gifsumo.gif

I say the same thing. People have been terrible lately. It seems like there is alot of frustration being taken out on members the last few weeks. thats why I have been so aggressive myself. I am getting sick of it. Unless someone is totally misrepresenting themselves then leave the guy alone. PM the guy instead of turing it into these roasts.

I mean look if Divad wants to post a book that is a 10.0 on Ebay that is his choice. he has to deal with the consequences of when I express mail it and it comes back only a 9.8 and I neg him. 27_laughing.gif Ahh that was great! 27_laughing.gif

And I'll gladly refund your purchase price, even if it ONLY gets a 9.6 27_laughing.gif

It's flat out the nicest condition Bronze Age book I've seen, nicer than my CGC 9.8's sumo.gif

So . . . I guess I should only have "hyped" it as a 9.9? 27_laughing.gif

No one would be bothering you if you put a 9.9. I just want to say that you have mucho grande cajones hail.gifand I love this thread. thumbsup2.gif

You guys need to ligthen up a bit. We are talking about a raw BA book that has an opening asking bid of $24 and guide is probably about the same so can the moral police please go have a donut or go arrest a jay walker or something. The book looks like a dead 9.8 and anything above that is purely subjective.

When Thor says "even onto DEATH" shouldn't that read "even Unto DEATH:?

No.

might have been clearer if written "on to" but I got it the first time. Must be Norsespeak. Compelling action cover and enjoyable story... leading up to Mangog issue - funny arse name...badarse villain

i'd happily grade that book a 9.8 if David would like to take an oblique angle shot of the book bathed in natural sunlight.

ncbc's are the debbil

I want to know who the 7 people watching this auction are 893scratchchin-thumb.gif Fess up sumo.gif

Add me to the list! thumbsup2.gif

It does look pretty sweet...I might set up a snipe myself but I have a feeling it will get driven up to insane prices by a couple of wacko eBay newbies.

It would be great if a board member wins and sends it in so we can settle the debate.

David...I'm curious as to why you never sent it in yourself? confused-smiley-013.gif

I want to know who the 7 people watching this auction are 893scratchchin-thumb.gif Fess up sumo.gif

It does look pretty sweet...I might set up a snipe myself but I have a feeling it will get driven up to insane prices by a couple of wacko eBay newbies.

It would be great if a board member wins and sends it in so we can settle the debate.

David...I'm curious as to why you never sent it in yourself? confused-smiley-013.gif

I generally don't send books post-1975 in for grading, as the return on the sale rarely makes it worthwhile. Anyhoo, I've got dozens of books like this 27_laughing.gif

Early on in 2002, I sent in an Incredible Hulk #200 to be slabbed. Grading fees, mailing etc. cost $25 or so. It comes back a 9.4 - Six months and three ebay auctions later, it finally sells for $30 Whoopee-doo yeahok.gif

Do I need CGC to tell me that this copy is the nicest Bronze Age copy I've ever seen? I don't think so . . . wink.gif

I generally don't send books post-1975 in for grading, as the return on the sale rarely makes it worthwhile. Anyhoo, I've got dozens of books like this 27_laughing.gif

Early on in 2002, I sent in an Incredible Hulk #200 to be slabbed. Grading fees, mailing etc. cost $25 or so. It comes back a 9.4 - Six months and three ebay auctions later, it finally sells for $30 Whoopee-doo yeahok.gif

Do I need CGC to tell me that this copy is the nicest Bronze Age copy I've ever seen? I don't think so . . . wink.gif

babel fish translation: come back 9.8 not worth grading fee

babel fish translation: come back 9.8 not worth grading fee

Sad but true . . . frown.gif

If it comes back 10.0, then what? People are only buying the label and could care less what issue it is. sumo.gif

It's a strange world out there . . . wink.gif