• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Help grade these books part II

11 posts in this topic

Hi all. Two more books. I didn't want to post more that 2 at one time or it'll crash/freeze all the old dial-ups. Please help me with the grades that you think CGC would give on these. I'm only considering CGC grading if I can get 9.6 or better since I'd hate to part with my books but 5 times+ guide it too hard to resist.

Tod

From what I can see, both books are perfect except for that lower left corner on the Kull comic, but as mentioned, it's what you don't see. The first has a chance at a 9.6, but it's a big maybe. Don't think the Kull qualifies as a 9.6 but it's up there. They are definitly worth slabbing even if they don't get that elusive 9.6. grin.gif

I would say a 9.4 on the Marvel Premiere and a 9.0 possibly even an 8.5 on the Kull only because I can see some more defects even in the somewhat blurred picture. Judging a 9.6 just from these pics is really, really tough. If you hold the book in your hand, then at least you can a better idea of all the defects (for better or for worse) because I might be too harsh here, cause I'm guessing.

well i would try out both of them. the premiere looks like a possible 9.6 heck maybe even 9.8. hard to guess from pic. could be a 9.4 as well. but close enough to try. the creatures is a bit less, i am guessing 9.2-9.4 range. but a 9.6 could happen on both and what the heck, its worth it. if one comes back a 9.8 and the other a 9.2 then you know what to do with the 9.8 dont you? you can flip it for more that 5x and keep the other!!