• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

How old are Comic Collectors?
4 4

How old are you?   

33 members have voted

1. 1. How old are you?

602 posts in this topic

I just turned 54 in November. Not feeling it yet but that's because I'm the only "kid" in the family. Unlike most of the collectors here I have no children. I have always wondered what it would be like to have a son or daughter to share the hobby with but that time has come and gone. I do intend to donate my entire collection when the time comes to the local SPCA as dogs have been part of most of my life!

I would like to take this opportunity to wish everyone here, young and old...er, a very safe and happy holiday season.! smiley-greet004.gif

I'm 59, but my early exposure to comics was limited by my rural, somewhat conservative, childhood (no TV, as in, we didn't own one, until 5th grade!). So when I finally got a real job when I was thirty, I tried to get some of the old books I never read when I might have. And I was thrilled by how available and well-documented comics are. Then to discover that the original art was somewhat available, wow, I was hooked, since my college degree was art.

link to my New Vintage Art Discoveries gallery on CAF

Best, David S. Albright

Edited by aokartman

I just turned 54 in November. Not feeling it yet but that's because I'm the only "kid" in the family. Unlike most of the collectors here I have no children. I have always wondered what it would be like to have a son or daughter to share the hobby with but that time has come and gone. I do intend to donate my entire collection when the time comes to the local SPCA as dogs have been part of most of my life!

I would like to take this opportunity to wish everyone here, young and old...er, a very safe and happy holiday season.! smiley-greet004.gif

Very nice plan with the books...and happy holidays to you, as well! It's amazing how pets become just like family to us. I know mine are, also.

Coming up on 43 very soon. My story is no different than several here. Collected from about age 8 until 20. Abandoned the hobby for 20 years or so. Just got back in last year. My son now shares in my excitement over certain books and super hero stuff in general. It's been a lot of fun experiencing all the Marvel movies with him.

Very nice plan with the books...and happy holidays to you, as well! It's amazing how pets become just like family to us. I know mine are, also.

Coming up on 43 very soon. My story is no different than several here. Collected from about age 8 until 20. Abandoned the hobby for 20 years or so. Just got back in last year. My son now shares in my excitement over certain books and super hero stuff in general. It's been a lot of fun experiencing all the Marvel movies with him.

That's terrific your son enjoys the hobby with you. My son has no interest in comics. :cry:

I'm going to be 44 this coming year. I've been collecting non-stop since I was 7 or 8. There were a few lean years (I was still collecting, but had scaled back quite a bit) in the late 1990s when I was collecting the Star Wars action figures, but I stopped that years ago, sold off what I had for figures, and went full throttle into comics again.

I started reading comic books around 1952 or so.

I'm 69.

:applause:

Knowing Brian's purile sense of humour, not sure if he's applauding the longevity of your collecting or simply that you wrote 69

In either case - good work fella :applause:

I started reading comic books around 1952 or so.

I'm 69.

:applause:

Knowing Brian's purile sense of humour, not sure if he's applauding the longevity of your collecting or simply that you wrote 69

In either case - good work fella :applause:

I'm guessing that he's clapping because he's not the oldest on the board, lol!

Thx for the applause! ;)