• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

How old are Comic Collectors?
4 4

How old are you?   

33 members have voted

1. 1. How old are you?

602 posts in this topic

29 and afraid to turn 30. Is it a trend at a certain age to do away with the newer comics and find interest in the classics? Ever since I turned 25 and got a good job I've been buying tons of Golden age books and selling my moderns in which I have no interest in anymore. Strange.

http://stores.ebay.com/Vaughns-House-of-Comics

29 and afraid to turn 30. Is it a trend at a certain age to do away with the newer comics and find interest in the classics? Ever since I turned 25 and got a good job I've been buying tons of Golden age books and selling my moderns in which I have no interest in anymore. Strange.

That's a common occurrence around here, not strange at all! thumbsup2.gif

Thanks for the welcome!

Maybe slightly off topic, but what types of comics are you other young folks collecting? I've been working on runs of various X-titles from the 80s to the present. This relatively easy to do as the comics are dirt cheap and plentiful and the wife is much more understanding of me getting four books for a $1 than spending big sums of cash for single books. It was lots of fun at first seeing how much of a run I could get going through $0.25-$1 bins but I'm starting to feel a bit empty in this pursuit because it's so easy to do. It's kind of cool having a full run of X-Force and X-Factor but I can see the appeal of going after rare books in excellent condition. Quality vs. quantity, huh?

-Bob