• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

How old are Comic Collectors?
4 4

How old are you?   

33 members have voted

1. 1. How old are you?

602 posts in this topic

On 11/14/2019 at 12:29 PM, silversufer27 said:

I’m 15 lol

So that's why you can't spell "surfer"!    Oh wait...that was like nine months ago.  Maybe, just maybe, you learned that word by now, l'il one?    :preach:  If you  like the surfer, then you are in great company here.   I'm "somewhat" partial to the Hulk.   Also like Spidey, Batman, Supe, Wolverine, and of course Silver Surfer, very much.  

Edited by Pantodude

1 hour ago, Pantodude said:

So that's why you can't spell "surfer"!    Oh wait...that was like nine months ago.  Maybe, just maybe, you learned that word by now, l'il one?    :preach:  If you  like the surfer, then you are in great company here.   I'm "somewhat" partial to the Hulk.   Also like Spidey, Batman, Supe, Wolverine, and of course Silver Surfer, very much.  

Yeah my bad 😂 that was a typo and I didn’t even realize 

8 minutes ago, Brendan H said:

53 so age 12 in '79 - when I took over my brother's paper route and my disposable income sky rocketed!

When I opened my first store, it seemed all my best customers were paperboys. Within a few years, the business model changed and adults took over the delivery system. 

I turned 42 last month. Was just getting comics (or asking for them) since I was four; my earliest memories of reading comics are of reading HULK in real-time when it was Mantlo and Sal Buscema- real trippy stuff when Nightmare was influencing the Hulk and he was losing his intelligence. I vividly remember 1986 (when I'd have been 6-7) and getting Al Milgrom's Hulk and reading it as the sun went down. Stepped away from comics in the 90s' because they became so utterly stupid, and then when my band was touring in my twenties, I discovered by chance a copy of one of the first Comic Book Artist magazines from TwoMorrows and fell back into it, often reading about comics history when darting between Netherlands-Belgium-Germany. You'll get a lot of reading done while travelling. Today I just collect Silver and Bronze but it's very enjoyable. 

I'll be 38 next month, but got back into it in 2013 after not doing much since around 2006/2007.  My focus has changed a few times over the years but I've had a lot of fun and frustrations with the hobby since getting back in.

I've read comics and bought comics since 1990, but never had much of a focus other than X-Men and Punisher back then.  

Edited by mec3437