• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DPS Recreation For Sale *DELETED*

30 posts in this topic

Post deleted by CW

Post deleted by CW

I think he has it in the commission section of his CAF gallery. His covers look decent. This one was just a little off. Hopefully I will have an original Turner at some point.

To me it looks like someone took a xerox of the splash, made an overhead of it and lightboxed it... or something like that?
Yeah, I think that is how he does it. Needless to say another reason why I am starting the piece at $5. He does charge $75 a page. I was a little dissapointed. I have heard other board members who were happy with some cover recreations but I would like to send it along, make room for a nice original piece by an artist. Anyway if anyone is interested I will move it super cheap.

-CW

Yup,

Anyway is anybody interested for the low low starter of $5?????? Anyone, ANYONE, Beuller? Ah screw it maybe I'll burn it and pretend it never happened.

If nothing else it is a really funny discussion piece. I have it on my table and everytime one of my friends comes over they see it (from 7.5 ft away) and think it looks really good. The fun part is watching their face as they get closer and closer and start to see the details.

Does the one girl have on a Jackie Joyner-Kersey unitard or something? Or is there just a line on her butt missing?

Maybe he didn't remove the pages from the comic and lay them flat when he lightboxed it. The warping, fetal alchohol syndrom effect on the faces is from the curving of the page in the book he used.

I know I bought some color guide art for a Preacher issue and that is an "OA" purchase I will never make the mistake of doing again. You live and learn, man.

Yup,

Anyway is anybody interested for the low low starter of $5?????? Anyone, ANYONE, Beuller? Ah screw it maybe I'll burn it and pretend it never happened.

I will give you $2............to take the scans down off the site.

They are hurting my eyes. insane.gif

Chris

I'll send you the freakin piece for $2.

Does the one girl have on a Jackie Joyner-Kersey unitard or something? Or is there just a line on her butt missing?

Maybe he didn't remove the pages from the comic and lay them flat when he lightboxed it. The warping, fetal alchohol syndrom effect on the faces is from the curving of the page in the book he used.

I know I bought some color guide art for a Preacher issue and that is an "OA" purchase I will never make the mistake of doing again. You live and learn, man.

the effect also owes some of its presence to the fact that Mr. Butler obviously has had ZERO training, and a very very limited understanding of anatomy.

it's a lesson, sure, but it's not a terribly expensive one. at least you didn't pay 10k for a comic-keys whackjob

No that's true. I am still learning my way around OA.

I'll send you the freakin piece for $2.

You'd need to pay me alot more than that. stooges.gif

acclaim.gifacclaim.gifacclaim.gif

Chris