• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

This may be a off limit topic but...

4 posts in this topic

CW's thread got me thinking, what happens if you agree to get a commission done and you are not happy with it? I'm sure this has happened before, what can you do? I am assuming the answer is just suck it up, right?

What are some tips for getting a commission done that will satisfy all parties?

Lower your expectations? Seriously, it's kinda rare for a commission to completely satisfy the client. You have your vision and expectations and then you have the artist's. The more you hope it to be the second coming, the more likely you will be dissappointed. Just have fun with the experience.

On a side note, ask ahead of time with the artist their policy if you don't like the piece. Some wont charge you and keep the piece themselves...

Yeah and don't get light box recreations. I ate the loss. Lesson learned. In the dude's defense he probably would have done something for me but I just let it go.

Usually the artist will do a sketch and send you a scan before they proceed. Not always, but usually....other times you give me a basic layout of what you're looking for and then let them take it in a direction.

I have had a few commissions done and I have been lucky. I've always thought the artist went beyond my expectations......