• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Claremont Signature, No Certificate.

11 posts in this topic

I was hoping that someone could confirm that the signiture on my copy of Iron Fist #14 is indeed that of Chris Claremont. I purchased this issue several years ago at an auction from a very reliable dealer who got it signed at a convention during an appearance by the writer. I have seen other issues on the internet with Mr. Claremonts signature and it appears to be genuine, but would like someone to give me a little reassurance.

Also, CGC states that signitures without a certificate have no bearing on the grade that they issue, though it would be mentioned somehow. I was wondering if someone could also give this a glance for a grading. The pages are cream/off-white and as you can see by the scan, the binding has several stress cracks along it. Otherwise the cover has good color and the back has a crease in the lower left corner.

Thanks to anyone willing to respond to this as it is my first time posting here. I have enjoyed reading other posts about grading and look forward to reading them.

JulianXJ

P.S. Sorry I don't have a web site so I had to Attach the picture as a file. Not sure if this will work confused.gif

175371-SAVE0006.JPG.c60fdadf6788ff0ad24c8649ccfbd7a9.JPG

If the dealer is reliable, as you say, it probably is authentic. However, if you send it into CGC, you will probably get a "Qualified" grade (Green Lable).

Chris

There's no point in sending signed books off to CGC as they seem to want to monopolize the signature market with their own "signature series" b.s. books. Slapping on a big fat green label of death is almost a guarantee you will get beans on the open market.

I have a high grade X-men #112 signed by John Byrne but there's no way I will ever send that book in.

There's no point in sending signed books off to CGC as they seem to want to monopolize the signature market with their own "signature series" b.s. books. Slapping on a big fat green label of death is almost a guarantee you will get beans on the open market.

I have a high grade X-men #112 signed by John Byrne but there's no way I will ever send that book in.

sborock knows how i feel about this subject. mad.gif893naughty-thumb.gif893frustrated.gifboo.gifflamed.gifsumo.gif

Here''s a question that should blow everyone's mind. Why do sigs get a green label but every Winnipeg book with a big sig at the top get a blue label??? grin.gif

Ericc123

Here''s a question that should blow everyone's mind. Why do sigs get a green label but every Winnipeg book with a big sig at the top get a blue label??? grin.gif

Ericc123

it's called pedigree, the edgar church MH collection, many of the books had his sig too. gossip.gif

Ericc123

it's called pedigree, the edgar church MH collection, many of the books had his sig too. gossip.gif

NO ... many of his books had unobtrusive distributor codes lightly pencilled on their covers ....

elftor48-12.gif