• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Comic book Clocks

129 posts in this topic

HI Korvac Saga, the Strange Tales 114 looks promising. The characters are positioned pretty good and WOW, what a cool cover. I'll get back to you here on that one.

In fifth grade (1980-81), I remember charishing my copy of Strange Tales 113. It was one of the few early Marvels I owned as a kid.

HI Korvac Saga, the Strange Tales 114 looks promising. The characters are positioned pretty good and WOW, what a cool cover. I'll get back to you here on that one. <p>In fifth grade (1980-81), I remember charishing my copy of Strange Tales 113. It was one of the few early Marvels I owned as a kid.

Aahh, the first Plantman!! Great book. My first ST was #112 so we share consecutive taste!!

I'm still working on the ST 114, I've put about 3 hours into it and it's almost there, in the meantime, I finished up this classic MATT FOX cover to CHILLING TALES....Fox was a really cool artist who reminds me in a way of WOLVERTON, however he hardly did any comic covers. He did do about a dozen WEIRD TALES pulps covers in the late 40's and early 50's.

Untitled-1.jpg

NO reason really, I just like the old school covers. Give me a few suggestions.

No real suggestions, I was just thinking that a clock with ASM 129, Hulk 181, GS X-Men #1, etc. might not be a bad seller.

GL87

GL87, another classic cover....here is what I've got so far, just the main image outlined...do you want it cluttered with all the other stuff that's on the cover or would you like it minimal with just the word balloon and a starbust type background ?
gl87rough.jpg