• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Here Goes (Auctions Site) (Free to use!)

110 posts in this topic

Well, Hello, as you know, I decided to make a forum, well, once I got it up, I decided "Why Stop there?", so I decided to go bigger.

I decided to make a Auction Site, rather then have my own store, why not have a store, and a auction site, and allow others who register be able to do what they could do at ebay?

This place has User Feedback, everything Ebay (I belive) offers.

And so on. You can have your own Store ($2. a month) otherwise it's free to use.

The Message Board is the Support Forum, and just a place to hang out.

To register to start auctions see this link HERE

I have Catigories setup, but please, Suggestions would be great.

All Suggestions can either be posted here, at the Support Board

Or E-mailed.

Even though it's new, maybe someone will give it a try.

Thanks for readin!

Listing Fee

From 0.01 USD to 1.00 USD $0.05 USD

From 1.00 USD to 5.00 USD $0.05 USD

From 5.00 USD to 25.00 USD $0.10 USD

From 25.00 USD to 100.00 USD $0.15 USD

From 100.00 USD to 500.00 USD $0.20 USD

From 500.00 USD to 5,000.00 USD $0.25 USD

From 5,000.00 USD to Above $0.30 USD

Second Category Fee $0.10 USD

Additional Pictures Fee $0.02 USD

Highlighted Items Fee $0.50 USD

Bold Items Fee $0.40 USD

Category Featured Items Fee $0.75 USD

Home Page Featured Items Fee $1.00 USD

Swap Fee $1.50 USD

Wanted Ad Setup Fee $0.15 USD

End of Auction Fee

From 0.01 USD to 5.00 USD 2.25%

From 5.00 USD to 10.00 USD 2.25%

From 10.00 USD to 50.00 USD 2.74%

From 50.00 USD to 250.00 USD 3.00%

From 250.00 USD to 1,000.00 USD 2.50%

From 1,000.00 USD to Above 2.20%

You think anybody is going to list $5000 items at your site? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

right now you have all DC images/characters up ther advertising your copyrighted site. I can hear the DC lawyers running your way now.

You should contact them to get an okay before they sniff around with cease and desist letters etc.

I strongly suggest starting out by making listings free. Even ebay has free listing day.

The oxygen to any comic selling site (or any website) is a change in inventory. Until you get listings no one visits. Until people visit, no one lists.

Ebay is at the other end of the cycle - everyones lists becauses everyone visits and vice versa.

This affect is so strong it may be that you have to (initially) beg, invite, bribe folks to list their books. Maybe allowing free 1Gig storage of comic photos as an idea?

My thoughts on this would be to do it Craigslist style. Listings are free. Communication between buyer and seller is free and selling is free. For that ebay bought a 25% stake in Craigslist in the multi million dollar range.

Auctions are difficult at best and listing at a fixed price is so much easier. By allowing communication between buyers and sellers, it allows for a clearing price of sorts.

I agree to get rid of the DC stuff. Comics are more than that, and you should promote your own brand.

I love the concept and I'll send you a file I created with some ideas. Your web skills are impressive too as I like the cleanliness of the site.

While this has been done before, there's nothing like segmenting a market to make for a better mouse trap.