• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Here Goes (Auctions Site) (Free to use!)

110 posts in this topic

Alright. Updated: Everything on the site is free.

The only thing I didn't edit was the Store, still $2 a month. (If you want a store, like Ebay)

Any other suggestions?

If anyone wants an idea of what kind of Selling features they get when listing an item let me know.

Alright. Updated: Everything on the site is free.

The only thing I didn't edit was the Store, still $2 a month. (If you want a store, like Ebay)

Any other suggestions?

If anyone wants an idea of what kind of Selling features they get when listing an item let me know.

What sort of bandwidth can you handle to not charge users?

looks like a fun project.

I hope it takes off for you.

I'll try to list a few things on it to get you started in the near future. I should list the entire collection that I purchased to see what kind of traffic that might generate......on the other hand.....too much of a good thing.....

Well it's free, but if you do that, thanks a mill.

Someone just regsitered. Thanks!

I can keep it free, and maybe just charge $2 a month per user for a store if they use one.

At least it'll help me get a larger hosting.

Nope. The site has been up for a mear 12 hours.

Of course with me, I try to get word of anything I make out as soon as I think I am done with the acutal site. lol.

I was never good at advertising. but I try when I want.

Is there an area for the item description? I was checking the test auctions, but didn't see this area.

Looks pretty cool. What would really kick start things is for you to be able to lure a couple of high volume sellers to try it out and get the word out to collectors to check it out.

I went ahead and registered, so we'll see what happens...you never know.

Is there an area for the item description? I was checking the test auctions, but didn't see this area.

Looks pretty cool. What would really kick start things is for you to be able to lure a couple of high volume sellers to try it out and get the word out to collectors to check it out.

I went ahead and registered, so we'll see what happens...you never know.

Yes there is actually, it's above the picture, I didn't put enough text in there to show much. I think the text is "Look" or something. But you can also Edit in HTML etc etc

For graded comics I think it would be a good idea to ask for the CGC serial number during the listing process and available in the auction.

893scratchchin-thumb.gif, good idea. I can explore and see just how editable this site is.

If no luck, then we can always hope (Or I can manaully) put the # in if someone forgets.

Eh...then what? Put a copyright of DC Comics on the banner?

definitely ASAP. You have two choices: add the copyright line and hope for the best. Or send them a letter and a screenshot so they see how minimal it is and hope for an okay. Many of the ads in Overstreet at least contacted them and got the nod. DC is very litigeous and and is apt to go after stuff they find like this.

Course, if they contact you, you can always swap out the DC characters out for Marvel, or Timely or whoever.