• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Silver Surfer confirmed for Fantastic Four 2

37 posts in this topic

Ummm... in movies, shoving characters from different series together is a sure sign that they're up the spout. Think Freddy Vs Jason.

I liked Freddy vs Jason. confused-smiley-013.gif

so did I. I'm looking forward to FVJ 2.

Base on the first FF movie I have no doubt they will screw-up on the Surfer's screen presence.

yeahok.gif Wow, it ony took 3 posts for someone to go negative. confused-smiley-013.gif

I agree....let's wait and see....Marvel's been talking about a Surfer movie since the 80's so this is a big deal! I think i read about it in a bullpen bulletin almost 20 years ago. Anyhow, i think the movie will be great. I don't expect them to follow any existing story arc closely as this is where people lose interest....just like FF #1, it was a fun movie if you saw it for what it was....pure entertainment, not a direct remake of any comic book story line.

Now if only some one would do a Thor flick..... 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

everyone knows that it's going to be another comedy....?

Has to be with some silver dude flying around on a surfboard doesn't it? tongue.gif

That and the slapstick humor of the FF team as well. It will be a hoot. The difference here though is that the Silver Surfer, at least in my limited readings of him, is that he appears very dry in terms of his personality? (yeah-like me). In other words, a stark contrast to the FF team.

Keep in mind that I'm a DC junkie so I could be way off base, but the few books I read he didn't exactly charm me. Maybe I need to shut up now... blush.gif

He's one of my favourite characters so i may be a bit biased but...Stans favourite character to write was the Surfer and it showed. There is more emotion tied up in the 18 issue SS run than anywhere else i have seen...I'd recommend giving that run and the early FF appearances a try and then see how you feel....they're all available in the Marvel Masterwork trades.

Base on the first FF movie I have no doubt they will screw-up on the Surfer's screen presence.

yeahok.gif Wow, it ony took 3 posts for someone to go negative. confused-smiley-013.gif

It is in the nature of the comic book fanboy to find something to gripe about. You should be glad that we made it to the third post. confused-smiley-013.gif

I agree....let's wait and see....Marvel's been talking about a Surfer movie since the 80's so this is a big deal! I think i read about it in a bullpen bulletin almost 20 years ago.

26 years to be exact. You can read Stan's Soapbox regarding the Silver Surfer movie in all Marvel Comics dated January and June of 1980 (or Avengers #191 & 196 depending on how you look at it).

I agree....let's wait and see....Marvel's been talking about a Surfer movie since the 80's so this is a big deal! I think i read about it in a bullpen bulletin almost 20 years ago.

26 years to be exact. You can read Stan's Soapbox regarding the Silver Surfer movie in all Marvel Comics dated January and June of 1980 (or Avengers #191 & 196 depending on how you look at it).

hail.gif I have been looking for that for years

In the last two weeks I've seen that the writer of the Poseidon remake was hired to write the Thor movie, and that Favreau will be doing the Iron Man movie. popcorn.gif

Linky? 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

After what they did to Dr. Doom in the first film yes,now some may say you can't go %100 on how the comic portrayed the villain or hero but they used %10 of Von Doom.How much of the Surfer would they stay true..... 893scratchchin-thumb.gifboo.gif

This is one of the most amusing things I've read in a long time:

According to Variety, the studio is about to choose between a -script by "X-Men 2" scribe Mark Frost and another by Don Payne, who wrote the upcoming superhero comedy "My Super Ex-Girlfriend".

Umm...tough choice. Either the guy that wrote one of the best Comic-related films of all time, or some shlub who writes B-rated comedy (I like the Simpsons, but its getting a little old).

Oh wait, Tim Daley is still slated to direct, right?

Don Payne it is then. foreheadslap.gif

After what they did to Dr. Doom in the first film yes,now some may say you can't go %100 on how the comic portrayed the villain or hero but they used %10 of Von Doom.How much of the Surfer would they stay true..... 893scratchchin-thumb.gifboo.gif

I agree. I finally saw the FF movie (just this weekend). It was better than I thought it was going to be. However, they really blew it with Doom. frown.gif