• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Charm City Collection

96 posts in this topic

Charm City Collection

I found and bought an amazing collection spanning the 60's through early 80's. Most of these are incredible copies especially the 15 centers on up. There are about 5000 comics, 300 magazines and various portfolios, books, and other 70s fanboy stuff. A telling aspect of the collection are the 15 Overstreets starting with issue 6. There's also a 1977 Pacific Coast order catalog.

I feel kind of sheepish since there are so many stunning copies. Nearly every title is there with most of the 70's genre in complete runs. I'll be showing off a few here and putting those for sale in the proper section.

I'll start with some "boring" Amazing Adventures although Amazing Spiderman is in short order. I'll comment more on the collection as I show some scans.

Ed

Here are the classic issues with furry Beast. I was only going to post 11 and 12 but 13 had the sweet black cover and picture frame.

aa11.jpg

aa12.jpg

aa13.jpg

Yes they are mostly Marvel but there was a run of Batman and then later runs of DC's with 25 cent to 60 cent covers. Green Lantern Adams run, and Strange Adv. Deadman runs. Jonah Hex, Warlord, Treasuries, etc. Plus all the campy 70's DCs like Iris, Claw etc. Only a few DC horror though and not in high grade either as I remember.

And here's why its the Charm City collection. About a third of the variants have the 30 cent as the OO lived his whole life in Baltimore. Unfortunately no westerns but there are some random variant titles like these two. His yarns included buying comics from Geppi when Geppi was working out of his garage. There are a few Golden Age books as well.

aa36.jpg

aa37.jpg

Back to Bronze Age. A nice 108 black cover and a 112 which I left in the original bag he probably bought this at a store or show. $1.50 for a 9.4 112 - those were the days, early 80's maybe?

asm104.jpg

asm112.jpg

And 2 of the nicer issues 123 and 157 (no variant). The Spiderman run wasn't nearly as complete as some of the others. No issues from 90 to 102 nor 121, 129 134 or 135. A decent 122 and 136 though. These two are just stunning.

asm123.jpg

asm157.jpg

Lets being with the B's. BTW, I am skipping the DC's and the random Marvel titles that are very common from the 70's. So I don't plan on showing Omega or Nova, Micronauts, ROM, or Dazzler (there are 20 copies of issue 1 if anyone wants one.)

Actually this is the one and only B from marvel and a weak B at that so lets just call it B/C. Plenty of Batmans later.

cat1.jpg

Lets being with the B's. BTW, I am skipping the DC's and the random Marvel titles that are very common from the 70's. So I don't plan on showing Omega or Nova, Micronauts, ROM, or Dazzler (there are 20 copies of issue 1 if anyone wants one.)

Actually this is the one and only B from marvel and a weak B at that so lets just call it B/C. Plenty of Batmans later.

cat1.jpg

takeit.gif

And a set of high grade Omegas! =p