• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Grade This Comic Or I'll Shoot This Dog!

18 posts in this topic

The title for this thread, by the way, is a homage to the classic National Lampoon cover, which came out 30 years ago this week! Grade this ASM 149:

spidey149.jpg

back cover is gorgeous, just like the front. Pages are OW/W to the White side.

Just made the scan bigger and straighter - take a look again. Thanks!

I already tried - no real results discernible. Will have to print the darned thing out and apply a t-square to it. Even then not enough detail. Even a 150% enlargement results in pixel8ion!

::yeah - another typo - pixel8ion is intentional though::

Yeah based on the new scan I'd still say 7.5 but I had a Detective #298 that looked like that in my first ever batch to CGC and it came back a 7.0 Of course that could also be because it was a DC or an early submission. I still say 7.5

Ericc123

7.5 because I can count at least 10 different color breaking stresses. At first glance it looks better because the stressing in the yellow areas are harder to see. Also, the spine looks pretty scuffed up as you get towards the bottom.

The title for this thread, by the way, is a homage to the classic National Lampoon cover, which came out 30 years ago this week!

Yo FD! Do you remember the splash page in National Lampoon back 30 or so years ago set in a baseball park? The theme was "Bat Day".

It showed a classic EC style drawing of literally HORDES vampire bats swooping down on the screaming and running and holding the back of their necks fans.