• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I know it's not NM....but what is it???

9 posts in this topic

Hello all...I am having a tough putting a definitive grade on this book....could someone please help... 893frustrated.gif

It's the unclean look that is throwing me for a loop on this one....the back cover is similar in looks.... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

gl40.jpg

structurally, it looks not half bad, but the cover seems so dirty... I'm going to go VG+ or VG/F but I'd go with VG+... definitely looks like some loss of gloss, but I guess with how dirty the cover is, that's consistent.

Thats exactly how I am looking at this book foolkiller... target.gif ...although I would like to add that there is still quite a bit of gloss retained on the book... 893applaud-thumb.gif...it's kind of tough for gloss to come thru on a scan... crazy.gif

With the help of a little Wonder bread this should be a Fine or maybe a bit better. Books like this are what Wonder Bread was created for.

Fine or better? Even with the wear on the spine and the corners. Take a look at that top right corner? I'd grade this book at Very Good, wonder bread or not.

Its always tough to grade from a scan but since that is all we have...

Ill give it a VG+. Some soiling on the cover with a decent share of spine creasing. the top right corner is a bit beat and i think i see some slight road rash on the bottom there. Otherwise it looks solid and tight. Not a bad book by any means.

Thanks for the grading opinions everybody....The sad thing about this is that the book was advertised as VF and I had very high expectations for it since I thought i had fallen into a great deal and this was a good opportunity to upgrade... frown.gif

Well the good news is that the other book that was purchased along with this was VF or better and turned out to be a great addition to my collection... 893applaud-thumb.gif