• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sin City

11 posts in this topic

Does anyone here know Sin City very well?

I bought a collection off a guy 4 or 5 months ago, and in it was a Sin City TPB - but there is no title anywhere on the dang book. All the cover is is a lady smoking a cigarette with "Sin City" in red on her right arm - there is no other writing.

I have looked at almost every auction on eBay and I can't find that cover, I have even checked Dark Horse's Web site and can't find it. I can't sell it if I don't know what to call it.

Wasn't the first trade paperback just called 'Sin City', collected from the Dark Horse series. All the ones after that had titles. I think so anyway. I have them all at home, where I'm currently not.

Sounds like you bought one of the later printings of the first Sin City trade paperback.

If the storyline concerns strip club bouncer Marv and how he is searching for the killers of his beloved Goldie, and if it ends with Marv in the electric chair then you have definitely purchased the first trade paperback.

If that's not the storyline, let us know and someone can help you out further.

Bibliography page should tell you which printing your copy is.

Kev

Dark Horse often puts new covers on later printings of their tradepaperbacks, especially the Miller and Mignola ones.

I think the first TPB has had at least 5 different covers since it was first printed in 1993.

Kev