• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guess What CGC Grade I Received on This Sweet ASM 16...

31 posts in this topic

Supapimp was right. This book was not trimmed, just an underwrap. It was misbound during the print process. The staples are on the back cover 1/4 inch in, but the comic "center" is a bit off. Hence about 1/4 inch on the right is showing the interior of the book. ooo.gif

Supapimp was right. This book was not trimmed, just an underwrap. It was misbound during the print process. The staples are on the back cover 1/4 inch but the comic "center" is a bit off. Hence the 1/4 inch on the left is showing the interior of the book. ooo.gif

What's the grade? questioning.gif

Well I still cant believe it but its a 7.0. They told me there is a fingerprint on it but i did not see it before i sent it in and i still cant find it. They told me to look in the white by DD and Spideys feet. Maybe they saw it with the UV. I dont know. It broke my heart.

Elvis

Wow, I would've been okay with an 8.5 on that..but 7.0 just seems...off..is the overflash torn at any of those marks along the bottom?

Brian

Very very light break in 1 or 2 of them. I really was stunned. The good news is that i bought this book in 1989 for $25 but it still stung to get a 7.0.

Well if there's slight "tears" in the overflash I could see this being a VF-VF+ but 7.0 is pretty low. Must be one mighty bad fingerprint. Can you get the scanner to pick it up? How's the back cover look?

Brian

Well I still cant believe it but its a 7.0.

That certainly sounds low low low. I wonder if CGC may have screwed up the grader notes or cinfused another copy? I would consider resubmitting for verification or whatever that process is called. No way that book is a 7 based on the goodly scan.