• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guess What CGC Grade I Received on This Sweet ASM 16...

31 posts in this topic

Well if there's slight "tears" in the overflash I could see this being a VF-VF+ but 7.0 is pretty low. Must be one mighty bad fingerprint. Can you get the scanner to pick it up? How's the back cover look?

Brian

Well here is the back. As you can see its just as nice as the front. Also, the pages are listed as cream to off-white.

Amazing-Spiderman-16-(Back)-Lite.jpg

Taking the back cover into account I don't think 7.0 is too far off. Tears in the overflash, crease running the length of the spine because of the staples placement, and a lot of wear on the spine side corners.

Hmm..I guess I could see the grade now that we can see the spine a bit better. There's a nice mark running down the upper portion of the spine, the top staple looks it's moved a bit cause some marks there, top bindary corner is worn as is bottom one, some slight stress marks on the spine, and some overflash problems on the back at the bottom. That's a tough grade due to the front looking really nice but, it may just be warranted..

Brian

The staples appear rusted. Are they? That may partially account for the lower grade as well.

Still a nice book, though, and remember, you paid $25, so who's laughing? sumo.gif

Yeah, I was shocked at the grade......until you scanned in the back. I would say VF-, but then again, I can't see the finger print.

But from just the front, I would have said 9.0-9.2, so it's definetly a very nice looking 7.0.