• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Box Hum thru Ma

45 posts in this topic

There is Man From Atlantis. I know there's a run and there may even be a five pack of #1's. This looked like the Movie type comics Marvel put out. No scans but 1-7 for $10

Ed

There is Man From Atlantis. I know there's a run and there may even be a five pack of #1's. This looked like the Movie type comics Marvel put out. No scans but 1-7 for $10

Ed

I'm only guessing it'll be a nice NM run, so takeit.gif

Aaaargh I would have snagged the Invaders lot for that price frustrated.gif

The Jonah Hex books may be a tough sell, but you should get close.

VF-NM lots of misc. issues 3 and up often sell on ebay for $2-$3 a book, and #1 in raw VF is probably a $20 book. One of the more overvalued Bronze age series in the guide. Still 1-61 complete ought to be worth at least $200 confused-smiley-013.gif

Aaaargh I would have snagged the Invaders lot for that price frustrated.gif

The Jonah Hex books may be a tough sell, but you should get close.

VF-NM lots of misc. issues 3 and up often sell on ebay for $2-$3 a book, and #1 in raw VF is probably a $20 book. One of the more overvalued Bronze age series in the guide. Still 1-61 complete ought to be worth at least $200 confused-smiley-013.gif

I sell reading copies of this series at $1-$3 each and cannot keep them around. I have people ask me for them at every show. I wish I had confidence that that would translate to $7-$10 each in high grade, but I don't.

I'm guessing at a show where people can see what they're buying, and select the issues they need without having to pay shipping that $7-$10 for HG is not unreasonable. As there are no holes in the run (except the big one at the end), $300 is probably a fair price, but it's just outside the range of impulse buy for many collectors.

It is missing 34 and 36. Basically I use ebay as a guide on all these. There was a VFNM run that went for $200 and the scans were crappy and the seller I hadn't heard of so I figured the price the buyer thought was for F to VF type books. The guide is definitely out of whack but this one may be tough because a 9.4 CGC book will bring pretty good money. I may cull through these and send a few 9.6 type copies in - even the later issues will make it worth it I suppose but the hassle is unreal.

I think this is one of those series where $1 books for readers or ultra high grade are the real demand and trying to get $5-$10 per book is tough.

Ed

Jonah Hex 1-61 missing 34 and 36 (don't know why) $300.

Again, these are very nice copies.

1 VF-

2 VF+link

3 NM-link

4 NM- link

5 VF+ link

6 VFNM link

7 NM- link

8 VFNM link

9 NM link

10 NM- link

15 NM link

20 NM- link

25 NM link

30 VF link

35 NM link

40 NM link

45 NM link

50 NM link

55 NM link

60 NM link

jh1.jpg

jh40.jpg

I can't believe this hasn't sold either!! I have this run in grade, otherwise I'd have snapped it up.

Jonah Hex is truly one of the gems of the Bronze Age. Great interior storytelling and artwork, and some wonderful covers by everyone from Kubert to Wrightson to Dominguez.

I don't want to appear to be shilling for the seller (don't even know him!) but this can be a very, very hard run of books to put together in grade. $300 is a very fair price on a lenghty, nearly unbroken run.

Good luck!

Shep

Shep,

You can always do what I used to do with card sets. Buy two or three sets and then cherry pick the best of each one. Sell off the remaining lower grade sets (usually for the same price you bought it) and there you go. I created a pretty nice 1966 Marvel Donruss set doing that. Thanks for the promo.

Ed

Jonah Hex 1-61 missing 34 and 36 (don't know why) $300.

Again, these are very nice copies.

1 VF-

2 VF+link

3 NM-link

4 NM- link

5 VF+ link

6 VFNM link

7 NM- link

8 VFNM link

9 NM link

10 NM- link

15 NM link