• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

War Comics
17 17

11,083 posts in this topic

Looking at a large group of mid 50s to mid 60s DC war books all have OO name on the covers. Is that the kiss of death to resell these books most are mid grade. Any advice would be helpful. Thanks

22 hours ago, smossb said:

Looking at a large group of mid 50s to mid 60s DC war books all have OO name on the covers. Is that the kiss of death to resell these books most are mid grade. Any advice would be helpful. Thanks

I imagine most collectors would be able to overlook such a minor flaw :flipbait:

On ‎5‎/‎30‎/‎2018 at 2:07 PM, smossb said:

...you should post a typical example..... the effect on the value would depend on placement and size of writing, as well as whether it's ball point or marker, etc. I would drop the books by a grade point or so when arriving at my offer for the collection. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

7 minutes ago, jimjum12 said:

...you should post a typical example..... the effect on the value would depend on placement and size of writing, as well as whether it's ball point or marker, etc. I would drop the books by a grade point or so when arriving at my offer for the collection. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

I think you are being generous by only downgrading by a point. Unless these are Winnipeg Pedigrees, I would double that downgrade. I agree that we need a pic to better judge.

I will have pictures Monday some signatures are better than others, think of a 8 year old signing his name to a 15 year old when he quit collecting, hope to have deal done  this weekend. I am figuring books at a third to half of overstreet to be safe. From 1953 thru 61 some very nice books if not for the sigs.