• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

War Comics
17 17

11,083 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, maraxusofkeld said:

I was going to bid on this as well, but at the last minute decided not too. I wonder if it sold as the seller pulled the auction down stating it was no longer available. Really nice high grade copy.

I contacted him even he didn't know that I was bidding on that book. He sold it to the local dealer for cash and two comic books.  The dealer keeps it.  Wished he let me getting it.

8 hours ago, FutureFlash said:

I wish Balloon Buster had caught on a bit more, love WWI aerial combat. Thankfully Enemy Ace was a hit.

The Balloon Buster story is by Kubert in that particular issue--AAMOW 113. . .and it's a keeper every day of the week because it looks so much like how he handled Enemy Ace. It's almost like a missing Enemy Ace story. Sumptuous Kubert work. Doesn't get any of the love of the Enemy Aces, but it might as well be one. Definitely one of my favs!

6 hours ago, JollyComics said:

I contacted him even he didn't know that I was bidding on that book. He sold it to the local dealer for cash and two comic books.  The dealer keeps it.  Wished he let me getting it.

I wonder if he got the silly asking price that he had on ebay or a more realistic one.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/All-American-Men-of-War-25-40-6-0-O-W-1st-2nd-Sgt-Rock-Prototype-apps/163205367363?hash=item25ffcc4643:g:bxYAAOSwbP1aWkkr

Whoever owns the above eBay listing seems to think that anyone would pay 4K for All-American Men of War #25-40 if they all look this nice:

23lf72s.jpg28rcp04.jpg23hmv0i.jpg2jg5xxf.jpg

Edited by creaturefan95
war is hell

On 8/17/2018 at 10:58 PM, creaturefan95 said:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/All-American-Men-of-War-25-40-6-0-O-W-1st-2nd-Sgt-Rock-Prototype-apps/163205367363?hash=item25ffcc4643:g:bxYAAOSwbP1aWkkr

Whoever owns the above eBay listing seems to think that anyone would pay 4K for All-American Men of War #25-40 if they all look this nice:

You do get New 2mil Milar and acid free backing boards. :smile:

Seriously, that's a I don't really want to sell these comics price. 

17 hours ago, FutureFlash said:

NIce books! I have a bunch of recent pick ups to share myself. Darn work keeps getting in the way of comic time.

Have to get them on here! (thumbsu All work and no play!

2ccuz5j.jpg2eujr4y.jpgw7i2s.jpgwtfyj7.jpg2e1t3k9.jpg10frv2v.jpg

Is Our Army at War #83 in the condition seen above worth $1,495? Whoever owns this newly created eBay listing seems to think so:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Our-Army-at-War-83-Complete-no-Clipping-Writing/372412447243?hash=item56b582fa0b:g:LUsAAOSwDftbf0BQ

Edited by creaturefan95
war is hell