• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

War Comics
17 17

11,083 posts in this topic

16 hours ago, FoggyNelson said:

Yes go for the full run Capt Storm ‼️‼️? I think it’s only handful of issues⁉️⁉️?

14 hours ago, 707comics said:

A total of 18 in the run IIRC. Good story and art plus they aren't crazy expensive or all that hard to find. I have yet to complete my run as well  :)

13 hours ago, JollyComics said:

There are plenty of them at insane low price.

Yup, got some more on the way this week. Unfortunately in the UK there isn't such an abundance, and to buy from the US is negated in shipping charges. Hopefully, I'll get a chance at a package deal, which would keep costs down. (thumbsu

3 hours ago, jimjum12 said:

New pick-up …. this one might be too nice to let go of. Some folks were debating why we included Atlas books that came out after '56 in the GA thread …. for me it's pretty simple, if it has  Kirby cover or story, it's Silver Age … that's when the ball really got rolling into the SA for Atlas. GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

ATLAS BATTLE 69.jpg

Great colors and gloss on that one ..... don't see too many in that kind of shape in the wild :)

Russ Heath, John Severin & Jack Kirby all in that book ... does it get much better??

"Doom under the deep" looks like a cool story:
646936020_T-600Battle69(Apr60)p.1.thumb.jpg.bf11bf87dd917af09c1cb0fd1f4fb39e.jpg

Edited by 707comics

5 hours ago, jimjum12 said:

New pick-up …. this one might be too nice to let go of. Some folks were debating why we included Atlas books that came out after '56 in the GA thread …. for me it's pretty simple, if it has  Kirby cover or story, it's Silver Age … that's when the ball really got rolling into the SA for Atlas. GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

ATLAS BATTLE 69.jpg

Pretty copy Jimbo!  And I love those Atlas faded backgrounds.  Nobody else used that rust color.  

21 hours ago, 1950's war comics said:

nice...i seem to recall it is a minor key... but i can't remember for sure if it is ,or why ....

The CGC Key Comments for All-American Men of War #17 is "Frogman stories begin", which Overstreet clarifies as "1st Frogman-s in this title."

Edited by creaturefan95
war is hell

On 10/28/2018 at 11:29 AM, creaturefan95 said:

No, they are all from a local show I went to yesterday.

On 10/28/2018 at 11:29 AM, creaturefan95 said:

No, they are all from a local show I went to yesterday.

I wish there was small town shows near me , nice finds??‼️

On 10/19/2018 at 11:27 AM, FutureFlash said:

Pick up at a local con. OAAW 85.

Does the side looked trimmed at all to anybody?

nw568XN.jpg

Doesn't look trimmed to me.....although there is a sizable piece missing from the bottom-right corner. hm

hey guys,

I've got a few books up for sale on eBay, auctions with no reserve.  That usually means they'll end with very good deals for the buyer.

There's free shipping so it's really a no brainer. (thumbsu

24 books listed, and 8 of them are DC war.

Our Army at War # 82 CGC 3.5 VG- Sgt. Rock in Easy Company HTF 1959  (1st Sgt Rock??)

Click this link to follow through to my no reserve auctions.

If anyone here doesn't appreciate this post, let me know and I'll delete it. 

I've found that usually the War Comics gang appreciate heads up like this. (thumbsu

Thanks everyone,

Andy

7 hours ago, thirdgreenham said:

hey guys,

I've got a few books up for sale on eBay, auctions with no reserve.  That usually means they'll end with very good deals for the buyer.

There's free shipping so it's really a no brainer. (thumbsu

24 books listed, and 8 of them are DC war.

Our Army at War # 82 CGC 3.5 VG- Sgt. Rock in Easy Company HTF 1959  (1st Sgt Rock??)

Click this link to follow through to my no reserve auctions.

If anyone here doesn't appreciate this post, let me know and I'll delete it. 

I've found that usually the War Comics gang appreciate heads up like this. (thumbsu

Thanks everyone,

Andy

:popcorn: