• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

War Comics
17 17

11,083 posts in this topic

On 1/12/2019 at 5:00 PM, creaturefan95 said:
On 12/15/2018 at 4:20 PM, creaturefan95 said:
On 11/16/2018 at 1:37 AM, creaturefan95 said:
On 10/14/2018 at 5:06 PM, creaturefan95 said:
On 10/7/2018 at 12:19 AM, creaturefan95 said:
On 9/10/2018 at 2:17 PM, creaturefan95 said:
On 8/23/2018 at 9:10 PM, creaturefan95 said:

2ccuz5j.jpg2eujr4y.jpgw7i2s.jpgwtfyj7.jpg2e1t3k9.jpg10frv2v.jpg

Is Our Army at War #83 in the condition seen above worth $1,495? Whoever owns this newly created eBay listing seems to think so:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Our-Army-at-War-83-Complete-no-Clipping-Writing/372412447243?hash=item56b582fa0b:g:LUsAAOSwDftbf0BQ

:news: BIN price has been lowered to $1,295 as of four days ago :gossip:

The seller relisted it yesterday at $1,195 hm

Now it's $995. No, make that $895!

It's now $649 with an option to make an offer!

They just relisted it at $525 sans best offer :sorry:

If you're like me and thought it sold at that price, well, then think again because the same person who was selling the above copy is now asking $249 for a book which I now realize is incomplete! Still interested? Here is their newly created listing:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Scarce-Our-Army-at-War-83-Missing-back-Two-Pages-Sergeant-Rock/372565874866?hash=item56bea818b2:g:LUsAAOSwDftbf0BQ

$195 is their new low price for an OAAW 83 with no back cover and a front cover that has been reattached with tape!

I have a pretty respectable SA collection but rarely add to it much any more since I was seduced by the Gods of GA... I was walking the flea market last Sunday and spotted this for $2. I didn't have it, and had it when I was a kid. Never forgot this great Kubert cover. SA might not be worth a "plugged nickle" to me any more, but this was sure worth two bucks! Almost makes me want a nice high grade slabbed copy now.

comourarmyatwar198.jpg

On 4/12/2019 at 8:04 PM, Robot Man said:

I have a pretty respectable SA collection but rarely add to it much any more since I was seduced by the Gods of GA... I was walking the flea market last Sunday and spotted this for $2. I didn't have it, and had it when I was a kid. Never forgot this great Kubert cover. SA might not be worth a "plugged nickle" to me any more, but this was sure worth two bucks! Almost makes me want a nice high grade slabbed copy now.

comourarmyatwar198.jpg

A classic Kubert cover! 

5 hours ago, Robot Man said:

A couple of posts back I showed my OAAW #198.  Bumped into it at a flea market for a couple of bucks. Had it as a kid and it has always been one of my favorite covers in this run. Got to thinking how I'd like to have a higher grade copy slabbed. Went on the bay and found 30 copies of this book. Only one slabbed at $56 with free postage in 8.0. Snatched it because it looked so pretty.

I love SA books. They are the books of my youth but just not that fun to collect anymore due to the ease of obtaining them. I prefer the challenge of the GA nowdays but sure love having a nice slabbed copy to appreciate this cool Kubert black cover!

comourarmyatwar198cgc.jpg

Nice pickup. One of my favorite Rock covers.