• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

War Comics
17 17

11,083 posts in this topic

On 2/14/2019 at 9:17 PM, Brian48 said:

Bored tonight so I'm posting this. Picked this up a couple of years ago in a $3 bin.  Don't collect war books, but I really love this cover (not to mention I was floored by the condition).  Combat 21 (1966).

159387.jpg.6cb2544559885b38730332e74e63f

Sam Glanzman!

14 minutes ago, JollyComics said:

One of great cover arts was done by Russ Heath.....now I would not find this copy anywhere. Not a single copy can be found on eBay, World Wide Comics, Comic Connect, High Grade Comics, Reece's Rare Comics, Metropolis Comics and all others. Two years ago, there were plenty of them and now it's impossible to find them. I am luck to own CGC 8.0 with me.

IMG_6504.thumb.JPG.fedb515ecf21e35677cf3f9ac122ccfb.JPG

No doubt one of the greatest Big-5 covers. . .one of the greatest covers of ANY genre, title, or era. It's just a killer. And those are BOTH beautifully presenting 8.0s that look a grade or two higher. Love that book all day long, 365 days a year.

Four Star Battle Tales packed an incredible amount of great war artists and stories into five issues. It's particularly heavy on Mort Drucker art but you also get Kubert, Heath, Andru/Esposito, Grandenetti, and others, including a Krigstein story. 

On 7/23/2019 at 2:02 AM, MusterMark said:

To Mick, Andy, Matt, Shep, and others:

Great job on the “War Report” in the new Overstreet (as always), and especially the wonderful tributes to Russ Heath.

Thank you very much. :)

Hiya Jake,
Thank you, my friend. Privilege to write about the amazing Russ Heath! Props to Matt for orchestrating it as usual.

I missed seeing you in SD this year!