• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

War Comics
18 18

11,082 posts in this topic

Hey guys,

I put a bunch of books up for auction, no reserve, starting at $1.00.  The reason I'm posting this here is because there's 4 nice G. I. Combats that I'm sure someone here would love.  Below is a link to my auctions, and it shouldn't take you very long to find the four GICs. (thumbsu 

Thanks and good luck!  I hope some of you win them. :wishluck: 

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_sofindtype=0&_byseller=1&_nkw=&_sacat=0&_udlo=&_udhi=&_ftrt=901&_ftrv=1&_sabdlo=&_sabdhi=&_samilow=&_samihi=&_fss=1&_fsradio=%26LH_SpecificSeller%3D1&_saslop=1&_sasl=forestcitycoins&_sop=1&_dmd=1&_ipg=200&_fosrp=1&rt=nc&LH_Auction=1

image.thumb.png.f227880d5117029e69906f04fddb6f64.png

image.thumb.png.328a4dd4523c66d70a8aaf6eeb664b97.png

image.thumb.png.4f99ed3b58d99fa2af97d7c33e9b4fa5.png

image.thumb.png.6ba6f56fb7e1078a1d35f3b040581b41.png

I don't know about the rest of you, but when I encounter people at work, etc. that are my age and used to buy comics, a large percentage were fans and buyers of DC War. I saw some ownership statements in one of the 10 centers that had the monthly readership at well over 400K …. GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

Edited by jimjum12

3 hours ago, kagemusha7s said:
On ‎12‎/‎17‎/‎2019 at 1:29 AM, jimjum12 said:

DC Frogman :cloud9:  GOD BLESS....

I just realized this thread has more views than the ASM thread ….. must be a lot of closet War fans....

DSCN9027 (2).JPG

Nice frogman (thumbsu

It's got a decent Mort Drucker story, so it may be a keeper.... GOD BLESS...

I remember when I was a young guy.... I'd read the Kubert stories and skip the others.... I always liked them a bit, but went more for the hero and fantasy stuff. I suppose it was Kirby's defection to D.C. that really put the war books on my radar. I can't even remember when I first became aware of the wash tone covers, but I quickly began to prize them..... one of the books that's been in my collection the longest is a wash tone, but not War.... it's a Viking Prince cover on B&B 23. Andy (Thirdgreenham) ran a poll once that ranked all the Wash Tone War books.... GOD BLESS....