• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

War Comics
17 17

11,083 posts in this topic

On 12/23/2020 at 3:20 PM, Jeffro. said:

Bought myself an early Christmas present. Collects all four issues of Blazing Combat

395622927_BCHCFront.JPG.4b1ddaf383234adeaa4587f1796a5bb2.JPG1788595661_BCHCBack.JPG.2ef0b3714066fdfab1bd044bcf2fdd41.JPG

I've been reading through this in dribs and drabs and it's really good. The stories are much more thought provoking than your typical war story being produced by DC at the time. The art is fantastic. The Russ Heath story might be one of the finest things he ever drew. Highly recommend a copy of this book if you love war comics. It's truly a shame that Blazing Combat only went four issues.

8 hours ago, buttock said:

The past year I've been fortunate enough to get a few nice books with Drucker art and I've developed a deep appreciation for how good he was in this genre.  Not that I'm saying he wasn't good elsewhere, because I think he's just outstanding as an artist.  But when I see his war stuff, I see genius level stuff.  (Kubert cover)

our fighting forces 27.jpg

D9403BFF-0C50-47AC-880C-61AF3F1E96DD.jpeg

hey, open that baby up all the way, weigh those pages down, and give us a real shot  :baiting:

I was inspired by PKJ's four comic photo, so thought I'd share my own!  It's been years since I pulled these out to photograph them.  I think I'm the only boardie in this group that collects the yellow Signature Series DC war books.  I have the largest collection of Kubert and Heath signed books from when I met them years ago.  Hope everyone is doing well.  (thumbsu

Four comics.jpeg

Our Army 83.jpeg

32 minutes ago, OV said:

I was inspired by PKJ's four comic photo, so thought I'd share my own!  It's been years since I pulled these out to photograph them.  I think I'm the only boardie in this group that collects the yellow Signature Series DC war books.  I have the largest collection of Kubert and Heath signed books from when I met them years ago.  Hope everyone is doing well.  (thumbsu

Four comics.jpeg

Our Army 83.jpeg

Great collection of books! What an honor it must have been to meet them and what great memories these books hold for you. Thanks for sharing.

4 hours ago, buttock said:

This may be the nicest DC war book I've ever owned.  

star spangled war 89.jpg

• You say that in the past tense.... is it winging it's way my way ? :cloud9:
  • GOD BLESS.....
  • jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu
Edited by jimjum12

2 hours ago, OV said:

Four comics.jpeg

Our Army 83.jpeg

Fantastic books!