• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

War Comics
17 17

11,083 posts in this topic

On ‎8‎/‎24‎/‎2017 at 6:00 AM, 1950's war comics said:

2 (29).jpg

Amazing War comic/Romance OA by Kav ......................

I just noticed the little dude getting blown up in the background! Love it!

And I may be reading something in that isn't there, but the nazi girl looks a bit like Hansi!

Got these from an original owner collection.

The owner obviously liked to write the number of the issue in pen on the cover, but I guess I don't really mind too much.

Here's the last 10c issue:

image.thumb.png.a64da811fd50083cdc90002650858927.png

And here's the first 12c issue:

image.thumb.png.c11c8f41d27c88ddeed2ecc6ea9b4d1c.png

Edited by Philreal

I hadn't seen this book in over 5 years, and was afraid that it had gotten lost in the multiple moves that I've made. However, I found it this past weekend after finally starting the Herculean task of organizing my garage. This is the result of many San Diego Comiccons, many War Dinners, and a couple of risky nail biting mailing sessions where I hoped that the USPS wouldn't wreck the book. But here it is, my first copy of the Pedrin Big 5 guide, and a few signatures you guys might recognize...

image.jpeg

War and Attack #3 cover swipe of OAAW #37 (which happens to be one of my all time favorites, notice how the cave opening is shaped like a human skull)

with an OOAW #37 in hand , one can truly appreciate the brilliant concept of the cover layout.... as mentioned the cave is shaped like a skull.... the vivid colors outside the cave are in stark contrast with the black and grey borders ... with comic in hand one can see the invasion group leaving the capitol ships and making their way towards shore... 

In this cover scenario, without a grenade to first pitch inside the cave the US soldier is doomed..... The Japanese soldiers were very brave and seldom surrendered, 

Edited by 1950's war comics

Now this is very poignant cover..... 

@Philreal your "War and Attack" post lead me to do some searching, on  MYcomicshop.com they show that issue #1 came out in 1964 and the issues 54-63 came out bi-monthly in 1966-67 and then it ended

i don't know where the issue #3 posted above comes in , maybe a different volume ??

on Ebay there are only 59 issues for sale and only 4 issues have sold in the last 60 days , all for about a dollar each , so it appears that even after all these years Charlton war is still not popular at all and is still very much DREK :tonofbricks:

War and Attack #60