• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

War Comics
17 17

11,083 posts in this topic

On 3/31/2017 at 1:51 PM, buttock said:

I love this book, one of my favorite Heath covers. 

Me too ! one of my favorites... i really enjoyed putting together full runs of Atlas war ! they are still very affordable too ! 

i still need to finish my Combat Kelly run of 44 issues though, i like them but the four panel covers are not as cool looking as other Atlas war

30 minutes ago, 1950's war comics said:

Me too ! one of my favorites... i really enjoyed putting together full runs of Atlas war ! they are still very affordable too ! 

i still need to finish my Combat Kelly run of 44 issues though, i like them but the four panel covers are not as cool looking as other Atlas war

Actually I find Combat Kelly books to be often quite compelling.  When I read the short "story" that runs through those cover panels, I'm often entertained and/or intrigued.  And that adds another dimension to the cover and the book itself.

In fact, it is this uniqueness that makes, to me, Combat Kelly rather special.  There are not too many titles that employ this device on the cover.  And that, in addition to being fun, distinguishes the title in certain ways compared with lots of others.