• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

War Comics
17 17

11,083 posts in this topic

On November 8, 2017 at 3:57 AM, The-Collector said:

Late GA early SA depending on where you draw the line. Has to be one of the most offensive covers of any age:

War Report .jpg

One of a handful of precode covers that use the same racial slur. Farrell was the worst with 3 covers.

Hello folks,

I received a donation this summer from Don Rosa. He contributed toward the war comics dinner auction, but we didn't have enough folks who'd bid on the item to raise funds for Russ Heath and Sue Glanzman. So we postponed the auction until I had a chance to post it on Ebay. The art is a hybrid between Mademoiselle Marie and Magica De Spell. In case you're interested, here's the link:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Disney-Comics-Artist-Don-Rosa-Original-Signed-art-benefit-for-Heath-Glanzman/132406544828

You can also search for it as "Don Rosa Heath"

If you're interested, bid it up. 100% of the proceeds will be split evenly between Heath and Sue Glanzman.
Mick

IMG_5183.jpg

On ‎11‎/‎28‎/‎2017 at 1:05 AM, blazingbob said:

Foxhole #2 is being graded.  Had a weird defect on the back that I wanted to make sure wasn't restoration so I sent it in.

It will sell even if it is..... thanks for the # 1, Bob. It's a beauty :cloud9: GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

Just acquired it recently.  I relieved so I don't have to pay for that Bunky Brothers' price. Can you compare their copy and mine? GI Combat #80

Their grade is 5.5. No image of the back cover.  Probably 5.5 or 6.0 on mine.

i14Zkxo.jpg

D9jBqpU.jpg

Edited by JollyComics