• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

War Comics
17 17

11,083 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, 1950's war comics said:

You are right ! i have never seen that one before !

I can't recall ever running into it either, besides THIS copy of course. Didja notice that it doesn't even have the issue number on the cover? I had to pull it out of the bag just to know what issue I was looking at!  lol

I just bought this copy of Ice Cream Soldier's first appearance.  :cloud9:  I decided I'd collect first appearances of Sgt Rock's fellow Easy Company men!  I'll get Sure Shot, Bulldozer, and Wild Man...who else would you guys consider as key Easy characters?  :gossip:  Hope everyone is well and safe this Memorial Day weekend. 

Ice soldier.jpg

On 5/24/2020 at 9:48 AM, OV said:

I just bought this copy of Ice Cream Soldier's first appearance.  :cloud9:  I decided I'd collect first appearances of Sgt Rock's fellow Easy Company men!  I'll get Sure Shot, Bulldozer, and Wild Man...who else would you guys consider as key Easy characters?  :gossip:  Hope everyone is well and safe this Memorial Day weekend. 

Ice soldier.jpg

All worthy comics to score, Chag!  Jackie Johnson. . . but you'll cover the bases with OAAW #113 with Wildman's 1st app. It's Jackie's also. Great story. Killer art. Only cover to feature 2 mainstays with the conspicuous absence of Rock. Jackie's 2nd appearance is nearly 50 issues later with #160. And THAT is a classic!

Edited by comick1

2 hours ago, OV said:

Off topic, but so many of you war collectors have encouraged me over the years so I wanted to share this here...my own WW1 comic, CGC graded!  :cloud9:  So, thanks to all you guys who are so fun to talk with and share with.  I also shared my favorite Russ Heath cover that he graciously signed for me years ago too.  I'm going to create a WW2 comic based on the 99th Infantry Division's stand on Elsenborn Ridge during the Battle of the Bulge.  Thanks!  (thumbsu

SU CGC Cover.jpg

SU label.jpg

005.JPG

Fantastic!

You’ve probably read All Quiet on the Western Front so I’m going to recommend another fantastic novel that is based on the journals of the writer’s grandfather. The novel is War and Turpentine by Stephan Hertmans. Simply incredible.

GI Combat 80 7.5 for $1440 at HA

solid price for arguably the best SA war cover, yet - this is one of five 7.5s

last 7.5 sold for $500 three months ago

pandemic bump, HA bump, both?

Dan, was that you?  Going for dups?

@buttock

46 minutes ago, Dr. Love said:

GI Combat 80 7.5 for $1440 at HA

solid price for arguably the best SA war cover, yet - this is one of five 7.5s

last 7.5 sold for $500 three months ago

pandemic bump, HA bump, both?

Dan, was that you?  Going for dups?

@buttock

Not me.  I have a copy I’m very happy with.  I wish I would have seen the other at $500, that’s a steal!  Now if anybody has a 9.0 W, I would be happy to take it off your hands...