• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

War Comics
18 18

11,080 posts in this topic

What a cool book! One I’ve yet to land. Wonder what the names inside are? Old school autographs used to be signed on inside pages. Too bad CGC didn’t say. I would suspect maybe Reed Crandall or Chuck Cuidera? I would never be happy with that book without cracking it to see. Both are tough signatures. 

35 minutes ago, Robot Man said:

What a cool book! One I’ve yet to land. Wonder what the names inside are? Old school autographs used to be signed on inside pages. Too bad CGC didn’t say. I would suspect maybe Reed Crandall or Chuck Cuidera? I would never be happy with that book without cracking it to see. Both are tough signatures. 

I hear ya, and I may very well crack it someday. For some reason though it looks so good in the CGC slab with the old label and notes.  Adds to the aesthetic. 

Grandenetti was great with perspective and energy. His stuff will never get the same level of respect that Heath and Kubert but as far as perspective is concerned, I think Jerry was better than Russ and Joe in that regard. :whatthe:

A few that I had handy

Interesting thing about this book is that it has a tank crew story where one of the guys carries around a cavalry sabre. There's nothing specifically civil war about it and there's no ghost but I can't help but wonder if this could have been a seed that eventually grew into the Haunted Tank concept. Nothing about it in the Pedrin Guide (I don't think anyway) so it's probably just wishful thinking on my part. Still pretty cool though

2usCZvt.jpg

Edited by Jeffro.

On 11/18/2020 at 6:27 AM, pacino408 said:

I've been looking for the comic that has a solider saying "I'll tattoo U.S.A on your face" the extremely racist cover. If anyone has a picture of it to send me. I've been looking for one to pickup since I saw one for sale on the boards a few months ago. Thanks!

There's Battle Report 6, GI in Battle 9, and War Report 5 from Farrell, it's probably one of those.  But there are a few others with the slur that you may be thinking of, but they aren't quite as violent.  

2 hours ago, buttock said:

There's Battle Report 6, GI in Battle 9, and War Report 5 from Farrell, it's probably one of those.  But there are a few others with the slur that you may be thinking of, but they aren't quite as violent.  

It's war Report #5 thank you for helping me find this!(thumbsu