• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

War Comics
17 17

11,083 posts in this topic

img555.jpg

Love that book... on many occasions, I passed on otherwise nice copies available on the internet because of the heavy dogear crease in the lower right, never realizing that it was in fact part of the artwork on the machine gun!!

Finally got a VF in San Diego a few years ago from something called 'The Portland Collection'. Realized my mistake when I saw the book in person for the first time!

Great book!

Just to bump this thread...I know it's all about the Big Five but I love me some Fury too. Just picked these up a few weeks ago

sgtfury-7524x780.jpg

really love this cover cloud9.gif

sgtfury-11524x784.jpg

Im thinking about picking up some Sgt Fury's myself, especially since Shep said they were some of the best stuff coming out of marvel in the late 60's.

The artwork on the later Fury series is really incredible... Ayers and John Severin, it's well worth the price of admission. The stories are far more campy than the DC war books of that era but i really love them nonetheless. The early Fury's with the Kirby artwork is just classic stuff thumbsup2.gif