• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Grading Help: How much water allowed in a VF+?????

13 posts in this topic

I dunno....For me, at least, VF (even F+) or better should have no water damage. "Damage" done to this grade, IMO, should be from "normal" wear and tear from reading. Not from "acts of God".

Chris

I am thinking that any comic with 3 "round" corners, a bit of edge wear, water stain, a few stress cracks along the spine and just a bit of dirt on the cover = F.

If you bid on this comic and win, that's what you'll get.

Noway this is a VF+. / not even close. mad.gif

We have all read threads on the infamous stock wizard. He advertises books as 9.8 with chunks falling off the covers.

He now uses private auctions. Board members were emailing bidders to let them know he was a less than reputable. He has some wicked bad feedback.

Stay away, stay far away.

Can someone let me know how many water stains are allowed on a vf+ book??

One of ebay's finest sellers has a great comic for sale, but it's water damaged??

It still looks damp to me. Bid before everyone grabs it up!!!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2176550331&category=33816

rantpost.gif

I did a very cursory count of the spine and counted 17 edge creases breaking color. That alone should not put i in the VF+ range, let alone the other defects cited.

I say almost no water is allowed on a comic of that grade. No way its a VF+.

F- is more like it. I hate over grading.

F-? How about VG at best.