• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Some cat has a Venom Lethal Protector Black (error) variant on Ebay in VF cond!!

12 posts in this topic

I can't believe people value this book so highly... I have seen, in person, a stack of 85 of these that one guy owns... and at one time he owned nearly 300 of them...

Why people think this book is psycho-rare is beyond me...

Why people think this book is psycho-rare is beyond me...

Ummmm... because there are only between 400 and 700 real ones in existence. most estimates put it at about 450. there is a counterfeiting problem on these which makes it seem like there are a few more BUT all in all they are pretty rare. and the fact that they were not manufactured as a designed variant and they were borne of a mistake makes them kinda cool too!

Ummmm... because there are only between 400 and 700 real ones in existence. most estimates put it at about 450.

A very large number of these can be traced back to one source... and that source still has lots and lots of them... Are there 10,000? No... but there are more than what the current liquidity would suggest...

I remember a rumor from back when the error copies first showed up that you could make a black error copy by taking a hot air gun for softening and removing paint and melting the red sparkly stuff off the cover of a regular Venom #1

I never tried it or knew anyone that had

dave h

I remember a rumor from back when the error copies first showed up that you could make a black error copy by taking a hot air gun for softening and removing paint and melting the red sparkly stuff off the cover of a regular Venom #1

I never tried it or knew anyone that had

dave h

Dave - the counterfeit copies were covered by CGC grader, Paul Litch in this thread:

Plitch Post