• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Signature Series KUDOS Thread... You know the deal

2,495 posts in this topic

I'll post scans when the slabs actually come in, but a thank-you is richly deserved for the professional handling of four celeb signed Star Wars action figure books at the Albuquerque Comic Con. I've posted about the same pair of boardies in another thread, but for those that missed it there I wanted to make sure they both got their virtual pats on the back. All four coming back 9.8. 

@radicalmichael

@Triston Pence

22 minutes ago, celluloidbuff said:

I'll post scans when the slabs actually come in, but a thank-you is richly deserved for the professional handling of four celeb signed Star Wars action figure books at the Albuquerque Comic Con. I've posted about the same pair of boardies in another thread, but for those that missed it there I wanted to make sure they both got their virtual pats on the back. All four coming back 9.8. 

@radicalmichael

@Triston Pence

Congrats on the grades and thank you for the kind words.  Michael was so helpful (as always) and Gerald did a wonderful job (as always).  In fact, the Alb Comic Con was just a great group effort by everyone involved.  I look forward to seeing pictures of the books!

@mschmidt , cements his hall of fame witness credentials once again. He's always willing to drop everything and help me out and he made it possible to add three more signatures to my Heroes original series cast signed book. 

12 years working on this book, 12 sigs and counting. 

Thanks for the help Mike!

Heroes 9th Wonders 1 CGC ss 2019 final.jpeg

On 8/28/2020 at 2:00 AM, TTony said:

That's really cool for the issue with no dialogue!

Thank you! I really wanted Larry Hama’s signature on the book but, weird as I am, I don’t like the cover art but I do love the interior art. So I figured I would just get my favorite page signed! 

Kudos to @Kevlar for making these two books, which are almost 15 years in the making (with almost 9 years since the last signature), possible.  Hard to believe that my older daughter, who is now 28, was barely a teenager when I started these, and my younger daughter, who is now 24, was in the single digits.  I probably should hold my tongue, but very irritated with Harrison Ford's pricing for this signing, as a book that had more than three signatures already was about 50% more than if he were the first one to sign the book.  What particularly rubs me the wrong way about this is that I submitted these two books as send-ins for Celebrity Authentics' first signing with Harrison Ford years ago, and he refused to sign any of the comics that were sent in.  At this point, unless I can somehow get George Lucas or James Earl Jones, I think these two are done being signed.  Very sad to think that five of the signers are no longer with us.

star_wars_107_ss90_001.jpg

star_wars_107_ss94_002.jpg

Hey guys. First time send in signing for me for the ford signatures earlier this year. I sent in 4 books for sigs.  2 books, a 9.8 non sig and 9.6 non sig both were downgraded after ford sig to 9.6 and 9.4 respectively. Ultra brutal first time doing this. Is this very common to see happen? 50% hit rate here not so good. 

On 9/22/2019 at 7:29 AM, comix4fun said:

@mschmidt , cements his hall of fame witness credentials once again. He's always willing to drop everything and help me out and he made it possible to add three more signatures to my Heroes original series cast signed book. 

12 years working on this book, 12 sigs and counting. 

Thanks for the help Mike!

:golfclap:

:news::news:^^ TRUE GEM MY FRIEND! I've been graphing for 30+ years and too get that many sigs over the years with perfect placement and no smudges/major blemishes! from that group of star studded signers...That is truly a sight to be seen :golfclap:

On 3/25/2021 at 4:45 PM, somewhereintexas said:

Kudos to @Kevlar for making these two books, which are almost 15 years in the making (with almost 9 years since the last signature), possible.  Hard to believe that my older daughter, who is now 28, was barely a teenager when I started these, and my younger daughter, who is now 24, was in the single digits.  I probably should hold my tongue, but very irritated with Harrison Ford's pricing for this signing, as a book that had more than three signatures already was about 50% more than if he were the first one to sign the book.  What particularly rubs me the wrong way about this is that I submitted these two books as send-ins for Celebrity Authentics' first signing with Harrison Ford years ago, and he refused to sign any of the comics that were sent in.  At this point, unless I can somehow get George Lucas or James Earl Jones, I think these two are done being signed.  Very sad to think that five of the signers are no longer with us.

star_wars_107_ss94_002.jpg

On 3/25/2021 at 4:45 PM, somewhereintexas said:

:luhv:

BEAUTIFUL BOOK:golfclap: