• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Signature Series KUDOS Thread... You know the deal

2,495 posts in this topic

On 4/5/2021 at 11:52 AM, protocol_droid said:

Hey guys. First time send in signing for me for the ford signatures earlier this year. I sent in 4 books for sigs.  2 books, a 9.8 non sig and 9.6 non sig both were downgraded after ford sig to 9.6 and 9.4 respectively. Ultra brutal first time doing this. Is this very common to see happen? 50% hit rate here not so good. 

I've never graphed Harrison specifically for a convention for CGC slabbing, but from my experience with him over the years...I would say YES! absolutely its not uncommon.

Did you get the books pressed? I know CGC recommends that after signers touch the books to choose the pressed option and then graded.

Just received my book today and compliments to everyone at CGC for assisting with the Frank Miller/Klaus Janson signing for the TDKR 35th Anniversary. The placement and color of the signatures are spot on! This was my first experience with an in-house signing and I’m very impressed.

Thank you very much! (thumbsu

Just received my first comics back from CGC ever and I’m happy I sent them in to get signed by Starlin.  

Even more so, I’m pleasantly surprised with the grades.  Not the most expensive books, but ones I grew up with and loved the storyline.  

BBDA2A0E-1F6E-4ED0-9A51-09F4290FE387.jpegThank you CGC for putting on this event and making it worthwhile for me.  

Edited by Philiboy

Pedigree's October auction has a lot of nice signed books including ASM #1, the Midtown Variant in 9.8 with SS by Stan, also there is a blank cover of Superior Spidey #1 signed by Stan in CGC SS 9.8.  I thought Max Anderson wasn't letting him sign these the last 4-6 years of his life.  Kind of neat b/c you can get this book, have your favorite artist sign it under CGC supervision and have a custom cover, especially with what you like and a Stan sign.  Does anyone know if this blank cover, signed by Stan,  is a rare book?  Its currently a 9.8.

I wanted to publicly thank @Brittany M. for helping me complete a submission for SDCC that wouldn't have happened without her.

She really is the best!

I have been on a wait list for a commission by Jay Anacleto since 2/11/2019 and my number was finally up.

I found out, back in April, that Jay would be completing it for this past weekends SDCC. I wasn't going to be able to make it there and I tried about 20 facilitators and no one seemed to be going this year. I reached out to Brittany to see if she could recommend someone and she made sure it was taken care of. Jay's agent was really hard to work with, so there were a few bumps but the book is currently at CGC getting pressed and graded.:banana:

Huge props to @DELTA 62 for helping me add Hayden Christensen to my Star Wars books. The books were already signed by Ewan McGregor and graded 9.8. They kept their grades and are  headed back to me.  I’ll post picks of the slabs in the Star Wars thread when I have them in hand.

Edit: Cary was very professional, and easy to work with. He responded to my questions in a timely manner which made everything go smoothly.

IMG_3096.jpeg.028eed70f334f7ae32547c446173e7d3.jpegIMG_3095.jpeg.de0b9c9831d4338994883404210075d2.jpegIMG_3094.jpeg.b44a0113da08ac4c8358b097fae1b5db.jpeg

Edited by Catwomancomics

On 8/11/2023 at 2:32 PM, Catwomancomics said:

Huge props to @DELTA 62 for helping me add Hayden Christensen to my Star Wars books. The books were already signed by Ewan McGregor and graded 9.8. They kept their grades and are  headed back to me.  I’ll post picks of the slabs in the Star Wars thread when I have them in hand.

Edit: Cary was very professional, and easy to work with. He responded to my questions in a timely manner which made everything go smoothly.

IMG_3096.jpeg.028eed70f334f7ae32547c446173e7d3.jpegIMG_3095.jpeg.de0b9c9831d4338994883404210075d2.jpegIMG_3094.jpeg.b44a0113da08ac4c8358b097fae1b5db.jpeg

You are very welcome & my pleasure!  Thank you for entrusting these awesome books (signatures) with me!  They came out great and can't wait to see how they look slabbed!

On 8/11/2023 at 4:32 PM, Catwomancomics said:

Huge props to @DELTA 62 for helping me add Hayden Christensen to my Star Wars books.

I would also like to give a big thanks to @DELTA 62 - I've sent in a few books across a handful of conventions and so far they've all gone very well - including some on-the-spot decision making that could have gone totally sideways, but was handled very smoothly.

@DELTA 62was the first facilitator I worked with and has (especially after working with a handful of others) totally spoiled me. Communication is great, responses are quick,  having pics of the signed books before they enter the void of CGC is the icing on the cake. 

My only complaint is that I wish @DELTA 62 went to more shows!

On 9/25/2023 at 3:08 PM, dbcn said:

I would also like to give a big thanks to @DELTA 62 - I've sent in a few books across a handful of conventions and so far they've all gone very well - including some on-the-spot decision making that could have gone totally sideways, but was handled very smoothly.

@DELTA 62was the first facilitator I worked with and has (especially after working with a handful of others) totally spoiled me. Communication is great, responses are quick,  having pics of the signed books before they enter the void of CGC is the icing on the cake. 

My only complaint is that I wish @DELTA 62 went to more shows!

Awwshucks GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

Thanks for your kind words!  Very much appreciated!