• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

pin holes

10 posts in this topic

Do they bring down the grade? These are the ones that are in the bottom border of some comics numbering usually from 1 to 4. Sometimes they don't go through the page and instead resemble dimples. I think it's a printer thing. Anybody know?

i saw a GS Spider-Man #4 that had those "printer holes" at the bottom of the book on the cover....and it was cgc 9.6 owwp. go figure....and the asking was $375. 893naughty-thumb.gif

I think CGC views these "printer pin holes" the same as they do a printer crease....and that means there is no effect on the grade... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

What would you say about DC Giants where the staples come through the front of the book. I have a few like this that have never been opened but have the staple ends showing.

I think CGC views these "printer pin holes" the same as they do a printer crease....and that means there is no effect on the grade... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

What would you say about DC Giants where the staples come through the front of the book. I have a few like this that have never been opened but have the staple ends showing.

That is a defect that affects the cover so I am sure the book will get downgraded for it...although I notice that CGC is fairly leniant as far as this problem...

That is a defect that affects the cover so I am sure the book will get downgraded for it...although I notice that CGC is fairly leniant as far as this problem...

There's an understatement of the year. I always have to keep an eye out for CGC GSD X-Men #1 comics that are graded 9.4-9.6 and have lotsa holes on the bottom of the cover.

This is also a way to make cash, as even dealers downgrade for this flaw, and collectors usually hit VF or VF/NM on an otherwise NM copy with holes. Buy them, send to CGC and sell to brain-dead specs.