• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fox Comics Appreciation Thread!
20 20

7,176 posts in this topic

23 hours ago, lpsunburst said:

Mine has good color, thats about all I can say about it though.

img201.jpg

I'd go with *great* colors. (And how about that guy's 5 o'clock shadow and hair wax -- pretty impressive!)

19 hours ago, Zolnerowich said:

I'd go with *great* colors. (And how about that guy's 5 o'clock shadow and hair wax -- pretty impressive!)

Maybe it's brilliantine, as in the lyric from the "Put on Your Sunday Clothes" number from Hello Dolly:  "Break out the brilliantine and dime cigars!"

I wonder how the early Fox books are going to do in the CC auction today and tomorrow, especially considering there are only a handful of them on this go round here?   :taptaptap:

Looks like there's only the one Mystery Men 3, the one restored Science 2, and a couple of Wonderworld's.  Definitely looks like a dearth of Fox books this time, especially in comparison to the past few CC auctions over the past year. 

I guess this explains the strong aggressive pricing on the Science 2 at multiples of condition guide, even though it's still a restored copy.  Looks like the one in the rear of the pack choking on the fumes of the other Fox books is the Wonderworld 11 which is still running at only half of condition guide, even though it seems to present really nice relative to its assigned CGC grade.  hm

Edited by lou_fine

2 minutes ago, lou_fine said:

I wonder how the early Fox books are going to do in the CC auction today and tomorrow, especially considering there are only a handful of them on this go round here?   :taptaptap:

Looks like there's only the one Mystery Men 3, the one restored Science 2, and a couple of Wonderworld's.  Definitely looks like a dearth of Fox books this time, especially in comparison to the past few CC auctions over the past year. 

I guess this explains the strong aggressive pricing on the Science 2 at multiples of condition guide, even though it's still a restored copy.  Looks like the one in the rear of the pack choking on the fumes of the other Fox books is the Wonderworld 11 which is still running at only half of condition guide, even though it seems to present really nice relative to its assigned CGC grade.  hm

I don't think Fox classic covers will die and will always have a collector fan base,the old saying sometimes your up sometimes your down (thumbsu

1 hour ago, comicjack said:

I don't think Fox classic covers will die and will always have a collector fan base,the old saying sometimes your up sometimes your down (thumbsu

You are definitely not kidding here.

They are really going after that mid-grade Mystery Men 3 as it has gone up by more than $3K in the extended bidding session so far and still going strong right now.  :whatthe:

I wonder where it's going to end?  :taptaptap:  :D

Just now, lou_fine said:

They are really going after that mid-grade Mystery Men 3 as it has gone up by more than $3K in the extended bidding session so far and still going strong right now.  :whatthe:

I'm just glad to have a copy 

14 minutes ago, comicjack said:
15 minutes ago, lou_fine said:

I'm just glad to have a copy 

So am I.  :whee:

That was definitely fun to watch and most assuredly more so for the lucky consignor of the book.  :flipbait:

https://www.comicconnect.com/bookDetail.php?id=757505

It looked like it was going to keep on going forever as it ended up with a total of 56 bids and the price doing a triple from where it was when it went into the extended bidding.  (thumbsu

I guess the next one is going to be the restored Science 2 in about a half hour from now.  I wonder if we are going to see the same amount of fireworks with that one there?  :taptaptap:

2 hours ago, lou_fine said:

I guess the next one is going to be the restored Science 2 in about a half hour from now.  I wonder if we are going to see the same amount of fireworks with that one there?  :taptaptap:

Well, definitely not as much fireworks with the Science 2, but I I guess that was because it was already up there in price even before the extended bidding:

https://www.comicconnect.com/bookDetail.php?referral=EAlist&id=747963&title=SCIENCE+COMICS+(1ST+SERIES)

Still a nice price at $9,400 and not totally surprising since it's both a Larson and a Jon Berk copy.  :luhv:  (thumbsu