• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fox Comics Appreciation Thread!
20 20

7,172 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, Sqeggs said:

A Mummy stirred ... a gun flashed and blasted the fiend into eternity. I could be wrong, but that's my take. :)

Yes, but, but... okay, smart guy, what's up with the roentgen radiation girl in a trance, and the swami behind her? :popcorn:

16 hours ago, Zolnerowich said:

Post #1,500. Seems like a good occasion for this hard-to-find book, cross-posted from the Have a Cigar thread. It was kind of a follow-the-bouncing-ball thing from SDCC to n2wdw to Terry's Comics to Nikelspot to yours truly. I'm on :cloud9: with this book, warts and all!

Mystery_Men_7_jg.thumb.jpg.d13038479efdded5896b630f7aa05e98.jpg

This thing is begging to be freed from it's magazine sized tomb Jay! :baiting: 

6 hours ago, entalmighty1 said:

On the plus side, maybe that's the key to no Newton rings. It just takes a slab the size of a bathtub.  :D

On 8/17/2018 at 8:50 PM, Point Five said:

On the plus side, maybe that's the key to no Newton rings. It just takes a slab the size of a bathtub.  :D

Yeah, it's kind of odd it's in such a large holder. I think maybe because of the spine roll? But it's also definitely an old-school oversize holder, not at all like the newest "Newton" holders.

On 8/17/2018 at 2:42 PM, entalmighty1 said:

I would do, and should do, but worry that it might melt into a tattered mess of "0.5" pulp paper as soon as I disentombed the poor fella...

Haven't bought an early Fox in ages. Finally picked up this one... CFO copy but the price was right. Looking forward to the read; never owned an issue of V Comics before. (Hard to even do an online search for a title that's one letter long!)

vcomics1.jpg.edcb8c84b5ef1e2efb0d4408d0322b86.jpg

1 hour ago, Point Five said:

Haven't bought an early Fox in ages. Finally picked up this one... CFO copy but the price was right. Looking forward to the read; never owned an issue of V Comics before. (Hard to even do an online search for a title that's one letter long!)

Very nice!

5 hours ago, Point Five said:

Love this book!!! great pickup!! 

6 hours ago, lpsunburst said:

I don't know what kind of person would pay so much for a really nice looking copy of a book that seems to virtually never come up to market (shrug)B|

I have become much more comfortable with restored books when it comes to the books that are just never available. Having a great looking 8.0 Larson Science 2 with some ct and a Mystery Men 10 7.5 with some work done I am perfectly happy. If Berk can enjoy those kinds of books I think I can. I had a pretty nice copy of this book before that I parted company with for 20k so getting this one for $4500 felt kinda cheap.

1 hour ago, lpsunburst said:

The takebot strikes again! I agree on some of the restored books, my view has changed over time as well. That MM 10 really looks gorgeous doesnt it?

Oh, I am more like the son of takebot for sure. I really love that Book. MM 10 and Science 2 are the two Fox books I really have almost an emotional response to. 

1 hour ago, Ricksneatstuff said:

Oh, I am more like the son of takebot for sure. I really love that Book. MM 10 and Science 2 are the two Fox books I really have almost an emotional response to. 

LOL, William must have gone to bed early :)

13 hours ago, Ricksneatstuff said:

Since my Science 2 is slabbed, I have no idea what’s on the pages within. If you happen to know, is there any payoff in terms of story and/or art inside? 

1 minute ago, GreatCaesarsGhost said:

Since my Science 2 is slabbed, I have no idea what’s on the pages within. If you happen to know, is there any payoff in terms of story and/or art inside? 

The cover sells that book the stories are secondary :smile:

2 hours ago, GreatCaesarsGhost said:

2 hours ago, comicjack said:

The cover sells that book the stories are secondary :smile:

Jack is correct, in the sense that the cover has tremendous appeal.

But I love the stories, for their wacky GA formula where there was no formula.

Here is a way to read the stories without having to unslab your copy:  http://comicbookplus.com/?dlid=36583

How can you go wrong with pages like this? -->

1544265143_ScreenShot2018-08-28at9_17_05AM.thumb.png.c99c86c2db398f8fa0935c0b58d6220b.png